Powdered Cheese at Nuts.com

Home Forums General Discussions Powdered Cheese at Nuts.com

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    BakerAunt
    Participant

This is probably a question only S. Wirth can answer, but maybe someone else has tried the product. I noted that nuts.com has cheese powder, and that it costs less than the Vermont Cheese powder that KAF sells. It's a key ingredient for my sourdough cheese crackers (and I sometimes use it for macaroni and cheese), but it now costs over $10.95 for an 8 oz. jar at KAF. I noted that nuts.com has a white cheddar cheese powder for $8.99 a pound. Has anyone used it? If you have used it, is it equivalent to the KAF product in taste?

Spread the word
      Mike Nolan
      Keymaster

I haven't ordered the powdered cheese at nuts.com, because I find their prices not very appealing, but I have ordered the powdered cheese at bulkfoods.com, it's very similar to the cheese powder you got in Kraft Mac & Cheese before they reformulated it a few months ago to get rid of the artificial food colors. (I would order it again, too.)

Rascals1
        Participant

I had powdered cheese on my mind today also. I found it at Hoosier Hill Farm, 16 ounces is 11.93 and 2 lb is 24.99 it is sent to your nearest Walmart for pickup. I have not ordered it yet. Jet.com also showed some. I don't remember their price
          I just went to nuts.com 1 lb. there 7.99 and 5 lb.38.75. I have never used KFC's so I know nothing of taste or quality so couldn't compare if I did order.

• This reply was modified 6 years, 8 months ago by Rascals1.
          Rascals1
          Participant

BakerAunt I also found powdered cheese at Dankin Farms it is Cabot not sure if its the same as KFCs Cabot or not but it was Buy 6 at $5.95 ea. 8 ounce containers.

BakerAunt
            Participant

Hmm--I just compared the ingredient list of the KAF and the nuts.com cheeses. KAF comes out ahead. I think that the KAF Vermont Cheese powder is the same as the Cabot Cheddar Shake.

I found it here:
              http://www.dakinfarm.com/Cabot-Cheddar-Powder-8-Oz,3229.html#

The shipping charge for this site is horrendous, but if I were to buy it in bulk, I'd still come in under the KAF price.

However, I have belonged to the Bakers' Rewards with KAF, so with a $25 order, I get free shipping, and I usually have a rewards coupon if I've previously done a large order. My Bakers' Rewards membership expires in a month or two, and I need to decide, by working out the math, if it is worth it for me to pay for another year of it.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.