Orioles and Hummingbirds

Home Forums Gardening Orioles and Hummingbirds

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Mike Nolan
    Keymaster

We've had our oriole feeder out for about a week and have probably seen two different types of orioles. Today I saw a hummingbird at it, so while we're setting it up for tomorrow (it was totally out of grape jelly by sunset) we also set up a couple of hummingbird feeders. We put some oranges in the oriole feeder the other day and replaced them today, several had been fairly well pecked at.

Spread the word
      BakerAunt
      Participant

We saw an oriole pair a couple of days ago at our feeder.

Mike Nolan
        Keymaster

We've seen as many as six at a time at ours. It's pretty clear we have several pairs in the area, not sure if they're all Baltimore orioles, though. We may also be seeing some orchard orioles and possibly scarlet and western tanagers.

We have the Merlin bird identifier app on our iPhones, it identifies them by sound or picture, the sound finder finds quite a few birds we're not sure we're seeing and it could be false positives. It finds red wing blackbirds nearly every day and I can't really say I've seen any in town, I have seen them out on country roads, sitting on fence posts.

Joan Simpson
          Participant

We have three humming bird feeders that they have been lots and lots everyday.We have cardinals,blue jay,blue birds,brown thrashers and sparrows and occasionally wood peckers and woodcocks,doves and quail.We spotted a big owl one day sitting by a bush in the yard and I love to see hawks.We keep binoculars handy to watch.We do alot of front porch sitting early and off and on all day.Mothers's Day I saw a big beautiful deer across the road walking the fence line.It's amazing what you will see if you just take the time to look.

BakerAunt
            Participant

Our local chipmunks have been scampering all over the place.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.