Lights!

Home Forums Member News Lights!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Mike Nolan
    Keymaster

The fluorescent lights and/or starters in our kitchen have been failing over the last few months, and I've been trying to get the electrician we use out to replace them. Finally got him to rewire them on Thursday, replacing the T8 bulbs with LED bulbs that are 10-15% brighter. (And should last as long as we're here, as they're rated at 25000 hours.)

We can SEE in the kitchen again! I also replaced over half of the under-counter lights a couple of weeks ago, so they're back to essentially full strength, too. (I didn't replace two of them in the corner above the microwave oven, it blocks most of the light there anyway.)

Spread the word
      BakerAunt
      Participant

You should see a definite savings on the electric bill, Mike.

Mike Nolan
        Keymaster

It looks like the center light bank (4 bulbs) will go from about 160 watts to around 50 watts, the outer banks, which don't get used as often, would be twice that. Not sure that'll make a visible change in our electric bill, but the kitchen sure is a lot brighter now.

We've switched a number of lights from incandescent to LED; there are a few fluorescent fixtures that will probably get changed to LED over time, but that's usually a bit more work. We just switched a string of cable lights from halogen to LED, they're 16 feet off the ground so we had to find someone with a big ladder to get up there.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.