Did You Cook Anything Interesting the Week of August 28, 2016?

Home Forums Cooking — (other than baking) Did You Cook Anything Interesting the Week of August 28, 2016?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    BakerAunt
    Participant

My husband roasted a turkey on Sunday, so we have been eating mostly turkey sandwiches this week, as we adjust to the start of the semester. On Friday, I cut up the remaining meat, then I sautéed carrots, red bell pepper, zucchini, mushrooms, and broccoli in some of the drippings. I mixed in the turkey, and added defrosted rice left over from last week, sliced in green onion, and we had dinner for that night and the next day. On Saturday morning, I made a pot of minestrone, and it's all mine for lunches over the next week, since my husband does not eat soups with tomatoes, onions, kidney beans, and basil. It's been a long time since I made this recipe.

Spread the word
      • This topic was modified 7 years, 8 months ago by BakerAunt.
      Mike Nolan
      Keymaster

I made a pork tenderloin Friday night, with a sage rub. A nice break from steak and fish, which have been our staples for the past several months.

luvpyrpom
        Participant

I've been reminiscing about old recipes - you know, the ones that everyone liked years ago but you just haven't made it? So last week, I made a honey-molasses chicken drumsticks (for some reason the balsamic vinegar sticks to my mind so I keep calling it balsamic vinegar chicken. Took me a while to find that recipe). Recently went to the Asian market and stocked up on the Asian veggies - braised beef shank with daikon radish curry. Then craving some comfort foods as the weather is starting to cool - azuki bean soup (sweet red bean soup) and last night made Chinese BBQ pork to go with sautéed soy bean sprouts.

cwcdesign
          Participant

This week seems to have been pasta week. I tried a 5-ingredient recipe for Creamy Spinach Tortellini. While it looked good and was easy, none of us liked it all that much. But, on Saturday night, I made one of Will's favorites - One pot bacon cheeseburger pasta. It's amazing how much difference a decent stove makes. This is supposed to be a ½ or so recipe once everything's ready to go. At our other rental, it would take me an hour or so just to cook and I always had to worry about the pasta getting stuck to the pan. Not this time - I was done in 35 minutes and no sticking. Yay!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.