Daily Quiz for April 4, 2019

Home Forums Followups to Daily Quizzes Daily Quiz for April 4, 2019

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Mike Nolan
    Keymaster

What vegetables are related to kale?

[See the full post at: Daily Quiz for April 4, 2019]

Spread the word
      Joan Simpson
      Participant

Dang it,but I'm learning lol!

BakerAunt
        Participant

I'm going to start asking my botanist husband before answering any more of these plant questions!

Mike Nolan
          Keymaster

That one kind of surprised me when I was researching it, too. But it does explain several things about prepping, cooking and eating kale.

Mike Nolan
            Keymaster

If it makes you feel better, it looks like everyone got the one on April 1st (3 step dredge) right. I will admit to having used the wrong hand to do the next step too many times! My most common mistake is wanting to use my left hand (my dry hand) to flip the meat over once it has been put in the egg. One trick that seems to help me remember which hand is which is to put a disposable glove on my right hand but not on my left hand.

Tomorrow's quiz is on baking chemistry. Hopefully everyone will get it right.

BakerAunt
              Participant

I teased my husband, a lover of broccoli, about his dislike of the other vegetables in that family. He will eat kale in a casserole or soup, but not the others!

RiversideLen
                Participant

I don't dredge too often but when I do, I use a fork. That may not work with bone in chicken.

Mike Nolan
                  Keymaster

I've tried using both a fork and tongs, I tend to make a bigger mess than when I use my hands correctly.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.