What Did You Bake the Week of May 8, 2016?

Home Forums Baking โ€” Breads and Rolls What Did You Bake the Week of May 8, 2016?

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    BakerAunt
    Participant

On Sunday, I baked Sweet Potatoes Sandwich Rolls (from Sift) for the second time to go with hamburgers my husband grilled. We really like this recipe. On Tuesday, I baked two loaves of Grape Nuts bread, because we were out of bread. On Wednesday I baked a double recipe of Almond Date Breakfast Bars (recipe from The Smitten Kitchen) and this time I used the specified olive oil, although I still cut it by a Tablespoon per recipe, since I use natural almond butter. We couldn't taste the olive oil, so I will use it from now on. On Friday, I baked Buttermilk Orange Bundt cakes, a new recipe for me that came with my new Bundt Quartet pan from Nordic Ware. They are delicious. I like doing these small cakes. I sent one home with my stepdaughter, who came to dinner that evening. On Saturday, I baked Raisin Bran Muffins for breakfast. This afternoon, I am baking my version of the Wheat-Oat Flax Buns (KAF site), which we will have with salmon patties.

Spread the word
      • This topic was modified 7 years, 12 months ago by BakerAunt.
      luvpyrpom
      Participant

Ok, found a place to post my weekly baking attempts ๐Ÿ™‚ Trying to keep up with all the different websites we all set up. Anyway, this past week was a little bit of baking - made cornbread - any tips of how to keep it fresh beyond the first day? Then yesterday made KA Chocolate Chip Oatmeal cookies with one of my nephews who's never made cookies before. He was quite proud that he "helped" making the cookies. Sent him home w/2 dozen of those cookies.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.