Never Let a Non-Baker/Cook Grocery Shop

Home Forums General Discussions Never Let a Non-Baker/Cook Grocery Shop

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    BakerAunt
    Participant

My husband went to the next town today to pick up medicine for our dog. He also needed to get oil at Walmart and asked if I wanted him to pick up anything. I told him Canadian bacon for pizza and an 8 oz. package full-fat cream cheese, which I need for the frosting for that wedding cake.

He did fine on the Canadian bacon, as he has been with me when we bought it before. However, my heart sank when I pulled an 8oz TUB of full-fat cream cheese out of the bag. It never occurred to me that he would bypass the boxes and buy a tub. Apparently, Walmart was selling the cream cheese in two 8 oz. bricks to a package, so he figured that was the wrong item. Sigh.

I'm sure that they have it at the local grocery, but I will pay more for it.

And what to do with the 8 oz. tub of full-fat cream cheese? Given that my cholesterol refuses to come down to a suitable level, in spite of my dietary efforts (and admittedly not great exercise efforts due to the cold weather), I may have to take medication to lower it. If that happens, I shall make raisin bread to have with the cream cheese--and maybe I will give bagel making a try.

Spread the word
      Mike Nolan
      Keymaster

I've never tried the tub cream cheese in a frosting, so I don't know how it would impact consistency, which is important in frostings. My wife likes it on her banana muffins.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.