Wisconsin Energy Recipe Site

Home Forums Favorite Websites Wisconsin Energy Recipe Site

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    BakerAunt
    Participant

With the holiday seasons of Thanksgiving, then Christmas upon us, I wanted to give the address of a favorite site of mine.

https://www.we-energies.com/recipes/

Wisconsin energies has been producing Christmas cookie booklets for a long time, and they have most of them electronically archived at this site. I discovered it because I have one of those booklets that my beloved step-grandmother gave me because she knew how much I love baking. While the newer ones are more commercial, the old ones have some real treasures--and not just cookies but cakes and yeast breads. If you remember a long-ago recipe, this might be a place to search for it. Happy baking!

Spread the word
      • This topic was modified 6 years, 5 months ago by BakerAunt.
      BevM
      Participant

Thank you for the link to a beautifully done cookie cookbook. I see several in it that I would like to try.

Italiancook
        Participant

I also send my thanks. I tried to print the cookbook without success. Maybe it'll work tomorrow. I'm pleased that many of the recipes have short ingredient lists. I have to buy real brown sugar -- normally use brown sugar Splenda in all baking -- but I'm brining a turkey breast for Thanksgiving and need real brown sugar for the brine. I will make the Brown Sugar Cookies with the leftover brown sugar. Thanks for thinking of us, BakerAunt, with this link.

BakerAunt
          Participant

I'm glad that people are enjoying the site. It's a treasure.

If you click on "select year" in the archive, you will find most of their cook booklets going back to 1932. It would take a long time to go through all of them.

S_Wirth
            Participant

Last year, when these recipe booklets were mentioned, I enjoyed reading many of the old treasures.

Always fun to see what our older cooks had to work with or didn't have.

BakerAunt
              Participant

S. Wirth--Thank you for finding this thread. 🙂

• This reply was modified 6 years, 5 months ago by BakerAunt.
                Joan Simpson
                Participant

Thanks for the link,will be checking this out later also!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.