What are You Cooking the Week of November 26, 2017?

Home Forums Cooking — (other than baking) What are You Cooking the Week of November 26, 2017?

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    BakerAunt
    Participant

For Sunday dinner, I'll be making turkey-vegetable-bean soup on top of the wood stove.

Spread the word
      RiversideLen
      Participant

Today I made turkey, red cabbage, roasted butternut squash and rice.

navlys
        Participant

I found a turkey breast (in the crockpot) recipe on the "recipe tin eats" blog. I've made it before and will this week. The turkey comes out super moist with a nice gravy that you can make. The skin is not crisp unless you put the breast under the broiler but we don't eat the skin anyway. I highly recommend this woman's recipes.

Italiancook
          Participant

I had 2 lbs. beef stew meat in the freezer, so I made Vegetable Beef Soup. I've made this for decades. The last time I pulled a quart of it out of the freezer, the taste fell flat. I thought I was tiring of the soup. Today, I added half of a large jalapeno (fine dice) to the simmering beef, herbs, and onions. I wasn't sure if I should put in the jalapeno then, or wait until I added the carrots. I also put the usual pearl barley in the soup, even though I wasn't sure jalapeno would go good with barley. The finished product tasted only slightly different, but a pleasant heat lingered on the tongue after eating, so I declared the experiment a success. The heat is not so intense that I'd refrain from giving away this soup to people who don't normally eat jalapenos.

• This reply was modified 6 years, 4 months ago by Italiancook.
            BakerAunt
            Participant

On Tuesday, I made a half recipe of Town Meeting Chicken [or in my case, Turkey] Pie to use up the rest of our turkey. My dish was not quite big enough, and I had some oven spill. I will be glad when I can put my hands on the exact dish I need.

navlys
              Participant

This week I cooked the three meals that I received from Blue Apron: Pimento cheeseburgers, roasted pork & cheesy mashed potatoes and chicken with kale and roasted vegetables. For someone who didn't think she like kale, I found it delicious. . Also I was introduced to miso and sushi sauce. I now have some new ideas I can experiment with.

Mike Nolan
                Keymaster

Made meatballs in marinara sauce to go with pre-made cheese tortellini from Costco.

RiversideLen
                  Participant

I roasted some fresh salmon season with The Spice House seasoning blend called Gateway To The North, which is a blend of maple sugar, brown sugar, salt, pepper, garlic, onion and green onion flakes. It was pretty good.

Mike Nolan
                    Keymaster

We had superior pork chops tonight, breaded, fried and then baked in the oven after being covered by a can of chicken soup.

It's the sort of recipe our grandmothers made, but it's still tasty.

Italiancook
                      Participant

Sounds good to me, Mike.

BakerAunt
                        Participant

Saturday evening, I made spinach fettuccini with a light cream sauce, mushrooms, leftover rotisserie chicken and frozen broccoli.

cwcdesign
                          Participant

We ate lots of leftovers during the beginning of the week - the Mexican chicken and the broccoli Alfredo pasta. On Thursday, I made a batch of barley vegetable soup so we would eat through the weekend

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.