What are you cooking the week of May 6, 2018

Home Forums Cooking — (other than baking) What are you cooking the week of May 6, 2018

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    Mike Nolan
    Keymaster

Haven't decided what I'm doing for supper tonight, two possibilities are stuffed peppers or chicken on the grill.

Spread the word
      navlys
      Participant

I bought 4 1 1/4 lbs. strip steaks from Costco. I marinated them in TJ's Souvlaki sauce for 1 1/2days. Then I grilled them over high heat for about 14 minutes, turning once. This is where the Thermapen comes in handy. At 145* they were perfectly medium rare.

Joan Simpson
        Participant

Last night cleaning out left overs and made lima bean soup.tonight I'm cooking sausage,left over squash and green beans with potatoes in them.

Joan Simpson
          Participant

Still using left overs...tonight I chopped up rest of smoked chicken and mixed with BBQ sauce ate that on top of toast with mashed potatoes and garden peas on the side.

Mike Nolan
            Keymaster

I made stuffed peppers today, with these HUGE red bell peppers that I got at the store over the weekend. The two of us didn't finish even one of them, but they should make great leftovers.

BakerAunt
              Participant

Red bell peppers are my choice of peppers to stuff!

Tonight I cut up leftover pork from what my husband cooked last night. I then sautéed chopped red bell pepper and sliced mushrooms in the drippings from last night's pork and some I had in the freezer. I added the meat and the broccoli florets. In the meantime, I cooked half a package of soba noodles (these are partly whole wheat). I mixed the drained noodles and a bit of the cooking water into the vegetables, then added sliced green onion. We have enough for dinner tomorrow as well.

BakerAunt
                Participant

It looks like a windy, rainy day, so I'm making soup, using some of the broth I recently made. I'm using a mix of lentils and some hull-less barley from Bob's Red Mill. I had a bit of leftover, cooked ground turkey in the freezer, so that went into the pot. Before I started, I sautéed some chopped onion, celery, and a large yellow bell pepper, with a bit of garlic. I'll let it simmer for 90 minutes, as the hull-less barley needs a longer cooking time.

Joan Simpson
                  Participant

Tonight I made chicken tenders,macaroni & tomatoes and fresh creamed corn.

RiversideLen
                    Participant

Tonight I made a small pork roast and had it with macaroni.

chocomouse
                      Participant

For a potluck tonight, I made a salad with farfelle, spinach, black olives, red onion, and feta with Ranch dressing.

Joan Simpson
                        Participant

BBQ pork boneless ribs ,mashed potatoes and green beans.

Joan Simpson
                          Participant

Sauteed onions added flour and water made a little gravy added in a can of corned beef we're eating that over rice and left over garden peas and green beans mixed with carrots.

Mike Nolan
                            Keymaster

Pancakes for supper here tonight.

BakerAunt
                              Participant

My favorite use of corned beef hash--when I can find the reduced fat, less salt can--is to saute onion to add to it, then add ketchup. I stuff it into a red bell pepper (used to use green ones). I set it upright in a microwaveable dish, then microwave on high for a few minutes. It is not a dinner that I can feed to my husband, so I have not made it for a long time.

navlys
                                Participant

I made "the thigh who loved me" recipe. It called for boneless skinless chicken thighs, ketchup, salsa ,honey...... Thighs are never dry like chicken breasts. My husband said it was a winner but that I would probably not make it again because I never make the same thing twice. (an exaggeration). I like recipes that you can cook in the oven. They are less messy, allow you to prep ahead (usually) and they give you a chance to sit down.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.