What are you cooking the week of March 25, 2018?

Home Forums Cooking — (other than baking) What are you cooking the week of March 25, 2018?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 26 total)
  • Author
    Mike Nolan
    Keymaster

I'll be doing fish for supper, but right now I'm taking 3 quarts of beef stock from the freezer, reducing it a bit, and repackaging it in smaller containers, since I'm out of small containers of beef stock.

Spread the word
      BakerAunt
      Participant

For Sunday dinner, I'm making Maple-Glazed Rosemary Chicken with Sweet Potatoes--a roasted pan sheet dinner. We'll microwave some frozen peas as the side dish.

• This reply was modified 6 years ago by BakerAunt.
        RiversideLen
        Participant

I'm making meatballs with sauce. The meatballs were previously made and coming out of the freezer, the sauce is from canned tomatoes.

Joan Simpson
          Participant

Tonight we had chicken tenders,broccoli and cheese sauce with a baked potato.

BakerAunt
            Participant

Monday dinner could be subtitled: Getting Creative with Leftovers. I had leftover macaroni and cheese, made with KAF Vermont cheese powder. I cooked up some ground turkey and used half of it to mix with the mac and cheese, and I cooked some frozen peas to add. I grated some black pepper over mine.

chocomouse
              Participant

I've been away for a week and it's good to be back in the kitchen, although I'm feeling lazy. Tonight my husband cooked ribs on the grill and I microwaved sliced potatoes with olive oil, Penzey's Foxpoint, and parmesan, and also asparagus from the freezer.

Joan Simpson
                Participant

Tonight we had Beef stew,thickened potatoes and shoe peg white corn.

BakerAunt
                  Participant

Joan--What is shoe peg white corn?

Joan Simpson
                    Participant

BakerAunt Shoepeg corn is so tender and good.I buy Le Sueur brand of canned corn,it's very tiny kernels and just tender for canned corn.I just heat it up with a little butter.The other brands I've bought before were so big and tough looked like what we use to feed pigs.Trust me look for this you'll love it.I've seen it in grocery store in frozen section with cream sauce over it but I've never tried that one.

navlys
                      Participant

Made island pork tenderloin from Pinterest. I made the spice mix and glaze ahead so it was a quick meal and delicious with rice and leftover coleslaw.

Joan Simpson
                        Participant

Tonight we had the last of the vegetable beef soup and pimento cheese sandwiches.
                          Made another batch of pan grease.

BakerAunt
                          Participant

Tonight I made stuffed acorn squash. I first halved it and cooked it at 375F for 45 minutes. In the meantime, I sautéed some chopped onion and celery and sliced mushrooms in the defatted drippings from the chicken and sweet potatoes I made earlier this week. I stirred in leftover rice blend and leftover cooked ground turkey. I added about 1/2 tsp. ground sage and some black pepper. I mixed in about 3/4 cup mozzarella, then mounded it in the now turned over acorn squash and returned it to the oven for another 15 minutes.

chocomouse
                            Participant

We had salmon on the grill, leftover-from-the-freezer risotto with asparagus, and salad greens from under the gro-lights, plus a few items from the produce section of the grocery store.

Joan Simpson
                              Participant

We had dry toast with mashed potatoes on top and left over stewed beef and gravy on top of potatoes.

BakerAunt
                                Participant

We had salmon and couscous again, but I wanted a variation from the dill. I was going to use tarragon, but that was a no-go after my husband sniffed it and made a face. Instead, I used Penzey's salt-free Mural Seasoning, which I also use when I make salmon patties. (The Mural Seasoning passed the sniff test with my husband.) It's nice to shake up the usual recipe.

• This reply was modified 6 years ago by BakerAunt.
                                Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 26 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.