What are You Cooking the Week of June 3, 2018?

Home Forums Cooking — (other than baking) What are You Cooking the Week of June 3, 2018?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    BakerAunt
    Participant

I'm not cooking tonight; my husband will be cooking boneless pork ribs again. I have bought him a new nonstick skillet (All Clad, on sale at T.J. Maxx--we were actually in a city last week!), as the old one had a build-up of crud and the coating was scratched significantly in one place. I will keep a watchful eye on him to make sure that he uses a bit of grapeseed oil--and lets it heat up--and uses high enough heat to get browning on the meat.

Spread the word
      Mike Nolan
      Keymaster

I'm making potato salad to go with burgers on the grill.

Joan Simpson
        Participant

Easy tonight, taco salad.

BakerAunt
          Participant

My college roommate came down from Chicago, where she is visiting, to spend the day with us. I made Sloppy Josephines for lunch today, which we had with the Wheat-Oat Flax Buns that I baked last night.

Joan Simpson
            Participant

We had salmon patties,cheese grits and green beans.

navlys
              Participant

I was going through my recipe boxes of which I have several and never use. Anyway I found an old recipe for Jamaican Pork. I think I printed off the internet ages ago. I looked to see if it is still popular enough to be around and sure enough it is. The recipe calls for curry powder, pineapple juice, bananas and coconut, all of which I had. I liked it, hubby liked it. That's a gold star in my book.

BakerAunt
                Participant

Navlys--Isn't it great to discover gems among those saved recipes?

Tuesday night dinner was another stir-fry with sliced mushrooms, celery, yellow bell pepper, broccoli florets, diced pork left over from Sunday dinner, along with the saved drippings, noodles (blend of wheat and buckwheat) and sliced green onions added just before serving.

Mike Nolan
                  Keymaster

Chicken breasts on the grill with potato salad on the side.

BakerAunt
                    Participant

On second thought, I'm moving what I posted here to a canning thread.

• This reply was modified 5 years, 9 months ago by BakerAunt.
                      RiversideLen
                      Participant

I made pasta sauce today, from canned San Marzano tomatoes, rib bones from a pork roast I made on the grill and meatballs. Came out real good except I need to thicken it with a little tomato paste, which I will do on tomorrow.

Joan Simpson
                        Participant

Yesterday I had fried chicken,mashed potatoes and garden peas.

BakerAunt
                          Participant

For lunch on Wednesday, I made Curried Butternut Squash Soup with some butternut puree I froze last October. I used 3 Cups puree, 2 Cups chicken/turkey broth, 1 tsp. Penzey’s Now Curry, and a few Tablespoons of heavy cream. We will be going down to one refrigerator/freezer when (if?!) our renovation starts, so I need to see what should be used.

For dinner on Wednesday, I made another attempt at cooking a Top Round roast. I decided to do roasted potatoes as well. I have matching small rectangular Emile Henry baking dishes, so I cut up yellow potatoes, rubbed them with olive oil and put them in one dish (I used cooking spray) and sprinkled them with rosemary. I baked those for 30 minutes at 400F. I used cooking spray in the other dish as well, then rubbed the 1.25-pound roast with Worcestershire sauce on both sides and sprinkled it with garlic powder, onion powder, Penzey’s Paprika Smoked Spanish Style, and sprinkled on rosemary. I reduced the oven temperature to 300F. and put the roast in next to the dish of potatoes for an hour. That was a bit too long for the meat; 40 minutes would probably have been better. However, it still tasted good.

Joan Simpson
                            Participant

Today we had fried cubed pork,macaroni and tomatoes and fried okra.

Joan Simpson
                              Participant

Today I marinated boneless chicken breasts in Italian dressing and grilled them,baked potato and salad.

navlys
                                Participant

I recently developed a crush on boneless skinless chicken thighs. I get them at Bj's and they come in individual packages which I can freeze. I recently dried them, sprinkled with various spices and baked at 400# for 30 minutes. They were not dry and they got a two thumbs up.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.