What are You Cooking the Week of July 29, 2018?

Home Forums Cooking — (other than baking) What are You Cooking the Week of July 29, 2018?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    BakerAunt
    Participant

We picked up my younger stepson on Sunday in South Bend (change of plans) and did not get back until after 6, so I’m glad that I planned a quick meal for tonight. We had Sloppy Josephines on Wheat-Oat Flax Buns, with sweet corn and a few additional steamed green beans from our garden (that last plant is hanging in there).

Spread the word
      Mike Nolan
      Keymaster

The farmer's market had lots of produce today that we used for supper: Locally grown artichokes (grown in Nebraska!!), saturn peaches, sweet corn, tomatoes and melons (2 types).

Mike Nolan
        Keymaster

We had Steak Diane for supper, with the rest of the sweet corn we got at the farmer's market yesterday.

BakerAunt
          Participant

To go with leftovers for Monday night’s dinner, I made a vegetable stir-fry of carrots, zucchini, snow peas, and mushrooms. (The snow peas and zucchini came from the farmers market.) I used grape seed oil and left the vegetables unseasoned. It went well with the leftover Sloppy Josephines and the freshly cooked sweet corn.

I also made a three-berry jam (details on the canning thread).

Joan Simpson
            Participant

Just a baked potato for me,my husband made himself a sandwich.

navlys
              Participant

Baked skewered chicken thighs and onions marinated in teriyaki sauce and served with ramen and peanut sauce.Liked it lots

BakerAunt
                Participant

For Tuesday dinner, I made a full recipe of the Cooks Country All-American Potato Salad. (Yes, that’s the third time I've made it this month.) I also tried a new recipe from Genius Kitchen: “Caramelized Baked Chicken Legs/Wings." I used six whole chicken legs. I also increased the ketchup and added a bit of brown sugar. After 50 minutes, I increased the temperature to 375F, and I roasted it for another 15 minutes. The recipe was a hit with my husband and younger stepson. It made a lot of sauce, which I’ve saved to use in another recipe. (Next time, I might just do a half recipe of the sauce.) We had found nice sweet corn and some green beans at the farmers’ market this evening, so we had those as well.

Mike Nolan
                  Keymaster

burgers on the grill

RiversideLen
                    Participant

I baked some pork chops tonight.

Joan Simpson
                      Participant

Hot dogs and chili tonight.

BakerAunt
                        Participant

We picked the first red bell pepper from the garden, so it had a starring spot in tonight’s stir fry. I roasted a large chicken half-breast for 30 minutes at 375F, using a minimal mayonnaise and panko coating. I then stir fried some separated onion slices, added celery and the red bell pepper, then halved mushrooms, the cut-up chicken, and broccoli florets. I had about two cups of the sauce left from the Caramelized Chicken Legs recipe I made on Tuesday and re-ran on Wednesday, so I heated it up, then thickened it with 2 Tbs. of cornstarch. I poured that over the vegetable mixture. We ate it over brown rice. Delicious!

chocomouse
                          Participant

That does sound good, BakerAunt! Last night I made pizza, and today I fixed a tortellini and veggie salad.

RiversideLen
                            Participant

After my buns came out of the oven, I made a burger and had it with left over fried potato and fresh asparagus. I'm thinking about a banana split for later.

navlys
                              Participant

I am grilling Italian sausage in a bun. I sautéed some onions and since I didn't have any peppers I tried substituting pickled jalapenos. We will see.

chocomouse
                                Participant

We had chicken thighs on the smoker, with leftover tortellini-veggie salad, sliced zucchini, and green beans from our garden. Finally!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.