What are You Cooking the Week of July 15, 2018?

Home Forums Cooking — (other than baking) What are You Cooking the Week of July 15, 2018?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 23 total)
  • Author
    BakerAunt
    Participant

We will be having our lovely leftover stir-fry for dinner tonight, but I will start this week's thread for anyone who is cooking today.

Spread the word
      Joan Simpson
      Participant

Went this morning to local farmers market so I cooked fried chicken, peas & okra,green butter beans,potato salad and corn bread.I got a seedless watermelon that was so sweet and very good already got that cut up in the fridge for the week also.We'll be eating off this for a few days for sure.

Mike Nolan
        Keymaster

Got some tomatoes and corn at the farmer's market today, had some of the corn for lunch, had tacos for supper.

chocomouse
          Participant

Dinner tonight was salmon and potatoes cooked on the smoker, with broccoli salad.

BakerAunt
            Participant

I made a new recipe tonight, “Turkey and Zucchini Meat Loaf,” which I found online at Epicurious, attributed to Bon Appetit (September 1998). I made a number of changes, and we really like how it turned out. The glaze, made of the last of my peach jam from two years ago, and Dijon mustard is particularly tasty. As everyone can use yet another zucchini recipe, and peaches will soon be in season, I will post the recipe in the next few days.

We had it with baked potatoes (cooked alongside the meat loaf) and steamed green beans from our garden.

• This reply was modified 5 years, 8 months ago by BakerAunt.
              Mike Nolan
              Keymaster

Made a stir fry tonight.

RiversideLen
                Participant

Tonight I roasted fresh salmon and had it asparagus and pasta salad. Followed by a bit of watermelon. The melon was only fair.

BakerAunt
                  Participant

I've posted the Turkey and Zucchini loaf as "Turkey and Zucchini Meatloaf with Peach-Dijon Mustard Glaze" in the recipe section. I'm sure that you can vary it with other spices--and perhaps even a different glaze--if you so desire.

Joan Simpson
                    Participant

Left overs here tonight,chicken,peas & okra,butter beans,potato salad and corn bread.

chocomouse
                      Participant

We had breakfast sausage links and blueberry pancakes with maple syrup, the "dark and robust" grade. Yummy. I use the KAF recipe for Simply Perfect Pancakes, but use buttermilk instead of milk, and add a tablespoon of cinnamon and a tablespoon of vanilla. I use the sugar and not the malted milk powder option.

BakerAunt
                        Participant

We had leftover turkey loaf, steamed green beans from our garden, and sweet corn, straight from the evening's farmers' market.

RiversideLen
                          Participant

I made a round roast, had it with the last of my pasta salad and fresh asparagus.

Joan Simpson
                            Participant

Left overs one more time.I did fry some smoked bacon to go with it.

• This reply was modified 5 years, 8 months ago by Joan Simpson.
                              Mike Nolan
                              Keymaster

Sirloin steak with some steamed broccoli tonight.

BakerAunt
                                Participant

My husband was supposed to do hamburgers on the grill, but he declared it too hot, so he cooked them on the stove (and did a better job of it than I did on Independence Day). We ate them on split pieces of the Blitz Bread, which went very well. This hamburger from the farmers' market has great flavor. We added sliced tomato and a slice of Gouda cheese, and I had onion as well. We served it with sweet corn and steamed green beans from our garden.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 23 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.