What are You Cooking the Week of January 28, 2018

Home Forums Cooking — (other than baking) What are You Cooking the Week of January 28, 2018

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    BakerAunt
    Participant

We went out to lunch with friends this afternoon and will be having leftovers tonight, but for those of you who are cooking today, here is the thread.

Spread the word
      Mike Nolan
      Keymaster

Tonight was pot roast night. Yum.

Joan Simpson
        Participant

Firehouse subs.

BakerAunt
          Participant

Monday evening I roasted chicken legs with small potatoes. I sprinkled it with Penzey's salt-free poultry seasoning, some dehydrated onion, a bit of salt, and some black pepper. I was glad the oven in the rental works well, but the oven light is burned out.

Joan Simpson
            Participant

Today I cooked turnips and mustard greens,potato salad,smoked sausage and cornbread.

Italiancook
              Participant

I made Blueberry-Cinnamon Pancakes for breakfast using cinnamon chips. For lunch, I'll make lamb loin chops served with steamed broccoli & on-the-vine tomatoes. Dinner will probably be leftovers.

navlys
                Participant

My husband loves blueberries however the blueberries here are not the best. Sooo..I decided to make a blueberry sauce with the not so great blueberries (for tonights ham dinner). Well I let the syrup mixtures go a little long and we had blueberry preserves on our bagels this am. Ps. to Baker Aunt: there’s a Penzeys in downtown Tampa.

BakerAunt
                  Participant

Thanks, Navlys!

chocomouse
                    Participant

Tonight we had chicken thighs on the grill, roasted buttercup squash, and risotto with mushrooms and broccoli. We're headed back into a deep-freeze later tonight, with temps below 0 by Friday, so took advantage of 20* weather and cooked outside.

• This reply was modified 6 years, 2 months ago by chocomouse.
                      Joan Simpson
                      Participant

Last night we had cheater chicken pot pie,all canned but I baked it and it was good.lol.

• This reply was modified 6 years, 2 months ago by Joan Simpson.
                        Italiancook
                        Participant

This morning, I made Deviled Spare Ribs from "Cook-Ahead Cookery." They're tomorrow's lunch. I'll serve them with roasted potatoes & broccoli.

Mike Nolan
                          Keymaster

My wife brought home some vine-ripened tomatoes from the UNL experimental greenhouses, so we had a nice mid-winter treat, BLTs.

cwcdesign
                            Participant

On Sunday, I caramelized some onions in the crockpot so we could have onion soup for dinner last night. Monday night we drove to Orlando to pick up number one son at the airport back from New Zealand. That’s 3 ½ hours there and 3 ½ back. Needless to say I took yesterday off.

BakerAunt
                              Participant

My husband is cooking boneless pork chops. I'll steam some broccoli and cook some soba noodles, to which I will add sliced mushrooms cooked in the pork drippings and leftover chicken drippings from earlier this week.

• This reply was modified 6 years, 2 months ago by BakerAunt.
                                Mike Nolan
                                Keymaster

Today was simple, steak, sauteed mushrooms and a baked potato.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.