What are You Cooking the Week of January 21, 2018?

Home Forums Cooking — (other than baking) What are You Cooking the Week of January 21, 2018?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • Author
    BakerAunt
    Participant

My only cooking this evening will be to make a rice blend in Swanson's no-salt chicken broth in the rice cooker. (I may add a few spices to it.) We will have it with steamed broccoli to accompany a rotisserie chicken.

Spread the word
      Mike Nolan
      Keymaster

The weather is supposed to be taking a turn for the worse today, and I'll be making a batch of chicken noodle soup.

luvpyrpom
        Participant

I plan to make beef shepard's pie with the leftover pot roast I had made last night. Probably will be eating out of the freezer again this week, too. Need to make room!

chocomouse
          Participant

I love to eat out of the freezer! whether it is raw foods or leftover meals and soups that I have prepared. And at this time of winter, it helps me a lot to focus on using up all the veggies from last year's garden, because then I will really start to believe that spring WILL arrive, and it WILL be followed by summer! We are forecast to have a pretty significant ice and snow storm from tomorrow into the following day and that is good cooking and baking weather.

cwcdesign
            Participant

I made Shepard’s pie for dinner tonight. We’ll freeze half of it. And, we’ll have pizza tomorrow

Joan Simpson
              Participant

Heated up left over chicken tenders,baked sweet potato and left over corn.

BakerAunt
                Participant

Dinner last night was the last of a rotisserie chicken. We used whole wheat tortillas and made wraps with spinach, the chicken, rice, and Ranch dressing--simple but delicious. Tonight we will repeat using cooked ground turkey.

Italiancook
                  Participant

I haven't cooked anything memorable lately. Just chicken fixed in easy-prep ways. Oh, yes, yesterday I made Barbeque Hamburger from "Mennonite Community Cookbook". For the freezer. Tonight's dinner will be braised pork chops with broccoli & rice. I may make gravy from the pan drippings to serve over the rice, since I'm not real fond of plain rice.

Joan Simpson
                    Participant

Tonight I pulled some dressing from Christmas out of the freezer and cooked some green butter beans,cranberry sauce and it was so good!

chocomouse
                      Participant

Tonight was meatloaf, baked potato, and beets from the freezer.

BakerAunt
                        Participant

On Thursday, I made my Mom's Hamburger Stroganoff using ground turkey instead of ground beef. I added some dried onion as I did not have fresh. I also used a cup of full-fat yogurt instead of sour cream. We had it over a Bob's Red Mill Rice combo that I made in the rice cooker. I steamed broccoli for a side dish.

• This reply was modified 6 years, 2 months ago by BakerAunt.
                          Mike Nolan
                          Keymaster

Last night I also made a ground beef Stroganoff, served on toast. Tonight I'm going to be experimenting with some veal stew meat, tomatoes, peppers, onions and mushrooms. I bought a 7 bone chuck roast to make over the weekend.

chocomouse
                            Participant

Tonight we had quesedilas made from left-over pork chops sliced thin, with chopped fresh peppers and onions, home-made salsa from the freezer, and shredded cheddar cheese. Cole slaw on the side.

RiversideLen
                              Participant

Today I made meatballs and sauce. Delicious!

cwcdesign
                                Participant

Thursday night I made a kale Caesar salad from the Barefoot Contessa. I mentioned to one of the cooks at work that I was going to use pasteurized eggs. Turns out she has 25 Rhode Island chickens who lay tons of eggs - I started with 6 (3 days old) and will start bringing her my empty cartons - she has cartons for 18 and we don’t use that many on a regular basis. But I sure could taste the difference in the dressing which was more lemony than garlicky.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.