What are you Cooking the week of February 3, 2019

Home Forums Cooking — (other than baking) What are you Cooking the week of February 3, 2019

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 26 total)
  • Author
    Mike Nolan
    Keymaster

Well, the groundhog says there'll be an early spring, and today's weather is pretty good here, even though it's cloudy the temperature is currently 58. The weather forecast says the warm weather won't last long, though, it's back into the deep freeze in another day or two.

So, what are you cooking this Super Bowl Sunday? I"m doing a baked ham, marinated in ginger ale and pineapple juice, with some rye bread from the freezer and potatoes au gratin as a pre-game meal, with some snacks during the game.

Spread the word
      Joan Simpson
      Participant

I made pulled pork for sandwiches and home cut fries,snacks is a variety of cheese and crackers.Ham sounds good Mike ginger ale is my favorite drink.Never had that marinade on ham.

Mike Nolan
        Keymaster

Came out a bit sweeter than I expected, my wife thinks I should have added some pickle juice. My home-brew potatoes au gratin came out a bit watery, but edible.

chocomouse
          Participant

I made another batch of tomato soup using my usual recipe, from jej on the old baking circle. I love it because I don't have to measure exactly, just some of this and some of that and it turns out delicious every time. I also made a stromboli to go with it, and will talk about that on the baking thread. Oh, I made this into a special super bowl meal by drinking a margarita with it!

RiversideLen
            Participant

I just did a simple pizza, ground beef and cheese.

Joan Simpson
              Participant

Left overs here tonight hamburger vegetable soup and pimento cheese sandwiches.

Mike Nolan
                Keymaster

Spaghetti here tonight.

RiversideLen
                  Participant

Another pizza.

Joan Simpson
                    Participant

Tonight we had simple eggs,rice and toast.

chocomouse
                      Participant

We had breakfast for dinner: ham, cheddar, and veggies omelet with home-made English muffins.

BakerAunt
                        Participant

We got back from our Florida vacation late Monday afternoon. Dinner was a rotisserie chicken and half a package of mushroom noodles (sold by Aldi’s) mixed with some olive oil, and a package of frozen broccoli and some Parmesan cheese. I microwaved the package of broccoli first, then when the noodles finished cooking, added the broccoli to the water and allowed to sit for a minute or so before draining, then adding the olive oil and Parmesan

Mike Nolan
                          Keymaster

Ground beef stroganoff

Joan Simpson
                            Participant

Tonight we had a smoked pork chop,broccoli and cheese with a baked sweet potato.

chocomouse
                              Participant

No cooking here, just heating up leftovers: tomato soup and mushroom-spinach stromboli.

BakerAunt
                                Participant

For dinner on Wednesday, I made Pork Loin Roast with Barley, Butternut Squash, and Swiss Chard, a Cook’s Illustrated recipe that I have made about five times now. I like the recipe, but the author is wrong that the pork loin roast does not need to be turned to cook evenly, since I had the issue again with our apt. oven that I had with the oven that was in the house. I will plan on turning it half-way through cooking time in the future.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 26 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.