What are You Cooking the Week of February 18, 2018?

Home Forums Cooking — (other than baking) What are You Cooking the Week of February 18, 2018?

Viewing 13 posts - 16 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • Author
    Joan Simpson
    Participant

Tonight we had Cubed pork pan fried,macaroni and cheese and sweet potato patties.

Italiancook
      Participant

I roasted a pork tenderloin. Thanks, Mike, for your input on this. I roasted it at 350*. I had cut it into two pieces. The thinner section was ready in 20 minutes. The thicker at 25 minutes. I want my pork so it's white, not pink, so I aimed for a temp of 165. Ended up with 169, and the meat was white and juicy. I diced the thicker section and will use it to invent (for me) Pork & Ramen Noodle Soup on Friday.

Joan Simpson
        Participant

I made meatloaf,thickened potatoes and fried okra.

Mike Nolan
          Keymaster

We had waffles with fruit and low-sodium bacon.

cwcdesign
            Participant

Today was so nice we brought out the grill and I grilled chicken breasts marinated in Newman’s Caesar dressing - I highly recommend it. We also had asparagus and mashed sweet potato.

Joan Simpson
              Participant

Spaghetti meat sauce out of the freezer and garlic bread.

RiversideLen
                Participant

For breakfast I made buckwheat pancakes with one strip of bacon and one pork sausage link.

For dinner I roasted a salmon filet and had it with noodles and fresh green beans and carrots.

BakerAunt
                  Participant

The local grocery store had whole chicken legs on sale--three per pack--for 39 cents a pound. We bought two packages, and I'm making the Maple Glazed Chicken with sweet potatoes and rosemary for dinner tonight, and for two additional dinners as well.

For some reason, whole chicken legs tend to sell at good prices here, although usually it's 59 cents per pound. I've not seen such prices on other cuts of chicken nor on eggs.

Joan Simpson
                    Participant

Grocery shopping day so it was Taco Salad for supper. I wrapped mine in a flour tortilla.

Mike Nolan
                      Keymaster

I haven't seen chicken legs here under 99 cents/pound in a long time. I usually buy bone-in breasts, if I want skinless/boneless I do that myself, I throw the bone in a bag and freeze it for my next batch of chicken stock.

Eggs have gotten pricey here, $2.39 a dozen is common. For some reason WalMart is selling them at 37 cents/dozen though.

I did spaghetti squash with meatballs in tomato sauce and cheese toast tonight.

RiversideLen
                        Participant

I've noticed the increase in eggs too. What was $1.29 a dozen just a few weeks ago is now $1.99.

BakerAunt
                          Participant

I think that I paid $1.69 a dozen today.

luvpyrpom
                            Participant

This week was more focused on Chinese dishes for the New Year - red bean dessert, roasted salmon w/Brussels sprouts, deep fried tofu w/Buddha's Delight, ham steak w/petite green beans, tapioca pudding, beef smokies w/BBQ sauce, ham sandwich, homemade chau siu (Chinese barbecue pork).

I love reading about the different ways of roasting meats. I love making pot roast but now my mother doesn't like to eat the meat as much. I haven't cooked pork tenderloin for a long time - I remember my mother using it to make sweet and sour pork as a child.

Viewing 13 posts - 16 through 28 (of 28 total)
                            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.