What are you cooking the week of December 2, 2018?

Home Forums Cooking — (other than baking) What are you cooking the week of December 2, 2018?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • Author
    Mike Nolan
    Keymaster

Leftovers are on the menu here today.

Spread the word
      Joan Simpson
      Participant

left overs here too,soup and sandwich.

navlys
        Participant

Ok I decided to make chicken Tuscan cakes (delicious but labor intensive). Well instead of shredded chicken I used ground turkey which I sautéed. Second mistake was using Panko instead of regular bread crumbs. I even ground the panko when I realized the large crumb wasn’t working. That was a waste of time. So we had Tuscan crumbles.

BakerAunt
          Participant

I made soup for Sunday dinner, using homemade chicken broth, Bob’s Red Mill Vegi-Soup Mix (various lentils and split peas blend), pearl barley, onion, celery, red bell pepper, mushrooms, leftover crushed tomatoes, ground turkey, and thyme.

RiversideLen
            Participant

I made a sirloin steak, a little pasta and Brussels sprouts.

Mike Nolan
              Keymaster

We had a stir fry tonight.

Joan Simpson
                Participant

We had chicken potpie.

BakerAunt
                  Participant

For dinner on Tuesday evening, I made Salmon and Couscous, using Penzey’s Greek seasoning. We really like that spice blend with the salmon. We had steamed broccoli on the side.

Joan Simpson
                    Participant

Tonight we had ham out of the freezer,rice and tomato gravy, corn and biscuits.

RiversideLen
                      Participant

I made a small pork roast.

Joan Simpson
                        Participant

We had stewed beef with mashed potatoes and garden peas and carrots.

chocomouse
                          Participant

Tonight we had chicken thighs with Penzey's Greek seasoning, bite-size chunks of butternut squash and potato roasted in the oven, and a green salad.

Baker Aunt, we love that Greek seasoning too, and I should try it on salmon. We usually have our salmon plain, but sometimes drizzle it with maple syrup.

BakerAunt
                            Participant

I have been craving homemade stew for a long time, and when I found some lean stew meat for a good price at the local grocery, I bought it. Wednesday night’s dinner was stew, started on the regular stove, them cooked on top of our wood stove. I used a bit of Penzey’s beef soup base, ½ tsp. Sweet Hungarian Paprika, some crushed rosemary, and a couple dashes of allspice. I also added onion and garlic, and I deglazed the pan with a bit of red wine and added 1 Tbs. Worcestershire sauce and 1 Tbs. tomato paste. After the beef had cooked in it for 90 minutes, I added cut-up Purple Viking potatoes from the farmers’ market and carrots from our garden. (They grew short and fat.) I added chunky mushrooms, more water, and ¼ cup red wine. After the vegetables cooked the additional 45 minutes, I stirred in frozen peas, then used Clearjel and water to thicken the broth.

Chocomouse--I'm going to have to try the Greek Seasoning with chicken. It was a free sample, and I tried it because I was tired of dill in that recipe. I will be buying it when this jar is empty.

navlys
                              Participant

I received a free sample of Greek Seasoning too and as with all those other Penzey's spices I have acquired I use it willy nilly in whatever I am cooking. As an aside Penzey's has a facebook page and several people submit recipes and ideas on what to do with the spices.

Joan Simpson
                                Participant

We had boneless ribs in BBQ sauce,baked potato and left over corn.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.