What are You Cooking the Week of December 16, 2018?

Home Forums Cooking — (other than baking) What are You Cooking the Week of December 16, 2018?

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    BakerAunt
    Participant

We are finishing leftovers today, but for those of you who are cooking, here is the weekly thread.

Spread the word
      Joan Simpson
      Participant

I made a small hamburger steak with caramelized onions,cooked a small half head of cabbage with ham chunks out of the freezer(still some of that ham) and cubed potatoes like for potato salad drained most of water then added some butter and sour cream stirred up and it was like chunky mashed potatoes,went well with the cabbage.

Mike Nolan
        Keymaster

We celebrated my wife's birthday a day late, with Veal Zurich.

Joan Simpson
          Participant

Happy Birthday to your wife Mike.

• This reply was modified 5 years, 4 months ago by Joan Simpson.
            BakerAunt
            Participant

For Monday night’s dinner, I made a very big pot of soup, using the lentil/split pea/barley blend that Bob’s Red Mill sells as Vegi-Soup mix. I added some pearl barley, as well as onion, carrots from our garden (my husband has been harvesting them as we go and keeping them covered), sliced mushrooms, cooked ground turkey, and broth from the freezer that did not fit when we had to go from two refrigerator/freezers to one. We have plenty of leftovers for during the week.

Joan Simpson
              Participant

I made boneless pork ribs with rice and the BBQ gravy and fried okra to go with this.

chocomouse
                Participant

Tonight we had a veggie lasagna with white sauce and a green salad.

Joan Simpson
                  Participant

Tonight we had spaghetti and meat sauce with garlic toast.

Joan Simpson
                    Participant

Tonight my hubby had the rest of the soup and I had a hot dog.Cleaning out the fridge for Christmas.Our son is coming in Christmas eve and I can't wait.

BakerAunt
                      Participant

On Thursday, I made Spaghetti Squash-Turkey “Lasagna" because I inadvertently thawed tomato sauce earlier in the week instead of turkey broth. The tomato sauce is what I made and froze in September. I also made chicken broth this afternoon from the bones of a rotisserie chicken. Other than making the broth into soup, I shouldn't have to cook again until Christmas day.

Joan Simpson
                        Participant

We had Oyster stew tonight on this nasty cold rainy day.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
                        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.