What are You Cooking the Week of August 20, 2017?

Home Forums Cooking — (other than baking) What are You Cooking the Week of August 20, 2017?

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    BakerAunt
    Participant

For Sunday dinner, I'll be making my oven roasted chicken legs with sweet potatoes and maple syrup glaze, accompanied by green beans and the last remaining ears of sweet corn from yesterday's farmers' market.

Spread the word
      Italiancook
      Participant

I made blue cheese dressing for chef's salad. My husband's plants have an abundance of tomatoes, so we'll be using the dressing all week for salads.

BakerAunt
        Participant

To get out of my lunch rut, on Monday, I cooked up a cup of tricolor pasta, left over from some other recipe, then rinsed until cool. I combined it with a rinsed and drained can of low-salt black beans, a small chopped red onion, some chopped tomato, and some chopped cucumber. (This was a "what's on hand in the refrigerator" dish.) I softened 1 Tbs. of Penzey's Italian Dressing mix in 2 Tbs. water. I mixed it with 3 Tbs. red wine vinegar and 3 Tbs. olive oil, and a tsp. of sugar, tasted it, then added another Tbs. of red wine vinegar. I tossed pasta salad in the dressing. I had a serving with grated parmesan on top. I have leftovers for the next few days, and it is all mine because my husband does not like cucumbers or black beans.

Mike Nolan
          Keymaster

I'm not fond of most black bean dishes, either. My wife likes black bean dishes, but only if they're made without garlic. I've made a garlic-free black bean soup for her a few times, but to me it still tastes like black beans.

I do like the black bean meatloaf recipe I developed a while back.

BakerAunt
            Participant

I first had black beans when I was in graduate school, and a friend and I went out for lunch. I really liked the taste. I'll have to post my Turkey Black Bean Chili recipe.

For Tuesday dinner, I made Dilled Salmon and Couscous. We ate it with sweet corn because everything goes with sweet corn!

cwcdesign
              Participant

On Monday, I made Sheet Pan Lemon Chicken and vegetables. It was really good - the chicken had a nice crust. With the leftover vegetables I made a frittata for dinner on Tuesday.

navlys
                Participant

I made a frittata with zucchini and feta cheese. I served it with hash browns and fruit salad. Yummy.

BakerAunt
                  Participant

The chicken did not get thawed, so we had an impromptu dinner of BLTs and sweet corn. Neither of us had a problem with that.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.