What are You Baking the Week of October 15, 2017?

Home Forums Baking — Breads and Rolls What are You Baking the Week of October 15, 2017?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    BakerAunt
    Participant

We are out of bread, so on Sunday I will be baking two loaves of my Buttermilk Grape Nuts Bread. It's a cool rainy day, perfect for baking! I'll also be feeding my starter, which means that I'll have "discard" to make some more of the Whole Wheat Sourdough Cheese Crackers.

Spread the word
      Mike Nolan
      Keymaster

I processed about half of the Winesap apples I picked a few days ago, it made about 6 KG of filling, which should be enough for 5 pies. I'll divide it up into about 1200 gram portions tomorrow and freeze them.

Mike Nolan
        Keymaster

I filled up 4 containers of apple pie filling for the freezer, all around 1350 grams each.

I'm making Vienna bread tonight.

Rascals1
          Participant

I's good to see everyone's still cooking and baking. I've been in the hospital for over 2 weeks so Ive got a lot of catching up to do. I've sure misses all..

Joan Simpson
            Participant

Sorry to hear you've been out of commission Rascais1 hope you're feeling better and are getting back to yourself.Wishing you the best.

KIDPIZZA
              Participant

I’s good to see everyone’s still cooking and baking. I’ve been in the hospital for over 2 weeks so Ive got a lot of catching up to do. I’ve sure misses all..

RASCALS~1:
                Good afternoon to you. So sorry to learn that you have been out of commission of late.
                We all hope you are getting better with each day. Be sure to let us know how well you are doing.

Now is a good time to do a few simple recipes like choco pudding, cheesecakes & or apple pies.

Enjoy the day Rascals~1

~KIDPIZZA.

BakerAunt
                Participant

Welcome back to baking, Rascals. You have been missed.

BakerAunt
                  Participant

Tuesday afternoon I baked a half recipe of my oatmeal chocolate chip cookies.

cwcdesign
                    Participant

We've missed you too Rascals. I hope you're back to baking soon.

BakerAunt
                      Participant

I spent the afternoon shelling some of our pecans, and on Wednesday evening, I baked "Cherry Granola," a favorite recipe of mine for many years, although I have not made it in a while, that originally appeared in Bon Appetit (June 1993). I always cut the sugar in half. I will post it.

Mike Nolan
                        Keymaster

Today I made a Texas Chocolate Sheet Cake and a batch of brownies.

Joan Simpson
                          Participant

Baked a pie crust and made some chocolate pudding pie.

BakerAunt
                            Participant

Today I am baking up the dough for my Whole Wheat Sourdough Cheese Crackers.

aaronatthedoublef
                              Participant

I made scones this morning. I used to make these almost weekly and now I just do this for special occasions. Not sure why as they are pretty easy. But my wife and kids were happy.

BakerAunt
                                Participant

For a quick dessert for Friday dinner, I baked the brownie recipe from Better Homes and Gardens New Baking Book, (p. 219) and covered the top with Halloween sprinkles before baking.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.