What are You Baking the Week of December 3, 2017?

Home Forums Baking — Breads and Rolls What are You Baking the Week of December 3, 2017?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 31 total)
  • Author
    BakerAunt
    Participant

I had planned to bake this afternoon, but my husband and I went canoeing instead. For those of you who are baking, here is the thread.

Spread the word
      Mike Nolan
      Keymaster

I made a small batch of cinnamon rolls today (4 rolls in a 7x7 pan)

RiversideLen
        Participant

For dinner I made a thin crust pizza. I'll have the leftovers for lunch tomorrow. This makes 3 days of pizza for dinner and lunch, I'm good for a while now.

Mike Nolan
          Keymaster

Yeah, pizza about once every two weeks is about as frequently as I want it, whether I make it or we order in. (Recently we've been ordering in a thin crust pizza with artichokes, cream cheese and tomato chunks.)

Mostly its a matter of limiting high carbs meals.

BakerAunt
            Participant

I baked Eggnog Cake in a Nordic Ware Christmas Wreath Bundt Pan. I think that I've posted that recipe here, along with details about the various-sized pans in which I've baked it. The original recipe was for some kind of silicone cakelet pan that KAF only sold briefly, but I found that I could adapt it to Nordic Ware pans. I decided this time to use Gold Medal flour rather than KAF and to beat each egg in individually. I also used full-fat egg nog, as that is the only kind available in the store here. It will be for dessert tomorrow and throughout the rest of the week.

Rascals1
              Participant

Hello Baking Circle, I am Rascals daughter Jan. I want to thank each of you for you fellowship with her. She has talked about some moving, and their travels and others with their adventures in baking and changing recipes around that has encouraged her to try different variations of bread. She has a bowl with the names of ones she talks with on paper in it and takes each name out every night to pray for them.
                She isn't doing to well right now and I thought you might like to know.

RiversideLen
                Participant

I am saddened to hear that, Jan. I will keep your mom in my thoughts and prayers.

• This reply was modified 6 years, 4 months ago by RiversideLen.
                  BakerAunt
                  Participant

Thank you for telling us Jan. She is a dear member of our community. I will keep her and your family in my prayers.

S_Wirth
                    Participant

So sorry to hear this, Jan. God bless her and all of you, her family, thru this difficult and sad time. Many prayers are sent your way.

Joan Simpson
                      Participant

Thank you Jan for the update on your Mom,please know she and your family are on our prayer list and so sorry she's not doing well.

cwcdesign
                        Participant

Thank you Jan. I was encouraged by her recent activity. I’m sorry she is not doing well. I
                          Sending my prayers, too

chocomouse
                          Participant

Thank you for letting us know Jan, and I am so sorry. I'm hoping she will be able to return to our kitchen soon.

cwcdesign
                            Participant

BakerAunt, I searched for your eggnog cake recipe, but couldn’t find it. Would you mind posting it when you have a minute?

I just looked it up on KAF. There is no eggnog in the cake? I would not buy a flavoring just for one cake. I’ll be interested in how you hsndled it. Maybe I could adapt my cranberry almond that uses sour cream and replace it with eggnog - I’d still use the glaze - what do you think?

• This reply was modified 6 years, 4 months ago by cwcdesign.
                              BakerAunt
                              Participant

Hi, Cwcdesign:

I re-worked the recipe and posted it here, along with some suggestions about pan sizes:

You are correct that the KAF recipe used cream and the eggnog flavoring KAF sells. (Surprise, surprise.) I replaced those with a cup of eggnog. I've added, in an additional post, my recent changes. The cake also freezes well when double-wrapped in saran. Enjoy!

• This reply was modified 6 years, 4 months ago by BakerAunt.
                                cwcdesign
                                Participant

Thanks BakerAunt I may try it this weekend

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 31 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.