Vanilla Prices Going Up Again

Home Forums General Discussions Vanilla Prices Going Up Again

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    cwcdesign
    Participant

I'm sure many of you received the email from Penzey's that said that vanilla prices are going up again and they will honor their old price (not current) through Sunday. Might be a good idea to stock up.

Sorry I haven't been around much, not even lurking. Very little cooking and baking going on here over the last month. I have a vacation day today (must take all before August 3rd), so it might be a good time to post Mrs. Cindy's homemade vanilla directions. It will take a little while because she typed and sent them to me and I have a couple of things to do this morning. But as it heats up this afternoon and the rain comes, I'll post it.

Spread the word
      BakerAunt
      Participant

It's good to see you here, Cwcdesign.

If vanilla is going up, the price of vanilla beans will go up as well, so I'm not sure how much will be saved making one's own. Still, it would be good to have the recipe. At the university where my husband and I taught, the greenhouse actually had a vanilla tree that did produce the vanilla pods. However, the plant had to be pollinated by hand, and I seem to recall that the greenhouse manager also had to wear gloves when working with the pods.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.