usa pans

Home Forums General Discussions usa pans

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Rascals1
    Participant

These pans do a great job baking but I do not like trying to clean them. Even using a tooth brush ( their own) or a vegetable brush you cant get in all the nooks and crannies. It says not to put in dishwasher but I sure am thinking about it. Wonder what happened to molded pans or why they changed to this folded technique.

Spread the word
      • This topic was modified 6 years, 5 months ago by Rascals1.
      • This topic was modified 6 years, 5 months ago by Rascals1.
      Mike Nolan
      Keymaster

I have wondered about that as well, all those grooves seem like places for things to stick. They
        might increase the rate of heat transfer between the pan and your dough, I suppose.
        --
        Mike Nolan

BakerAunt
        Participant

Rascals--try using a soft sponge to get into the nooks and crannies. That is what I do with the nooks and crannies on my Bundt pans. KAF now sells a special brush, from Nordic Ware, that is designed to clean out Bundt pans. I wonder if it would work well on the USA seams.

I note that my hearth pans (not made by USA)do not have side seams.

RiversideLen
          Participant

If you are going to put them in the dishwasher, run it without any detergent.

RiversideLen
            Participant

To elaborate on my previous reply. I love the USA pans too. I generally find them easy to clean, for yeast breads I usually just rinse them with hot water. I made a blueberry bread in them a couple of times, blueberries will bake onto the sides which then require a little more attention. If the interior seams need more attention, I have had good luck using a flat toothpick.

RiversideLen
              Participant

Oh, and as far as the dishwasher is concerned, the thing that will kill it will be the detergent and possible high heat. If you must, I would run it without detergent and skip the heat dry.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.