Turkey Necks

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Mike Nolan
    Keymaster

Because we're only having 4 people here for Thanksgiving, I'm going to skip doing a whole turkey or a breast and will roast some turkey tenders instead. Should give me plenty of white meat.

But that doesn't give me any stock to make gravy or dressing with, so I bought two pounds of frozen turkey necks.

And that got me looking at recipes for turkey necks. I have to say I've never tried eating them, I've just used them, usually with the giblets, for stock.

Has anybody served them? How do you eat them with all the bones?

Spread the word
      chocomouse
      Participant

I can't imagine serving a turkey neck, or necks!! Although there is quite bit of meat on a neck. I usually simmer the neck with the giblets, and either strip off the meat and chop it up and add to the gravy, or put it in the soup made from the carcass. I'm eager to learn how a neck might be plated, or used.

Mike Nolan
        Keymaster

I'll probably make stock from the turkey necks a few days before Thanksgiving, not sure if I'm going to try to eat the turkey necks afterwards. (My wife seemed uninterested in them, but she's not that fond of turkey in general--she takes after her father that way, he'd eat turkey on Thanksgiving, and maybe Christmas.)

Anyway, here's one recipe for Turkey Necks with Rice

There are also recipes out there for fried turkey necks, which strikes me as even more challenging to figure out how to eat.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.