The Great American Baking Show

Home Forums General Discussions The Great American Baking Show

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    cwcdesign
    Participant

I got home from work and turned on Hulu. A new episode of the Great American Baking Show appear3d so I clicked on it. The first episode aired last night. 10 Americans and they’re baking in England! The judges are Johnny Iuzzini and Paul Hollywood. It’s a lot more GBBO than other American iterations. It appears that this is a double episode.

Spread the word
      aaronatthedoublef
      Participant

I watched the two hours and the very end of the last episode annoyed me. I've become disenchanted with the "Survivor" method of someone leaving at the end of each show. A NASCAR type scoring system would be different and might be an improvement. At the end of the second hour Johnny was talking about the person who was sent home (I won't spoil it) and said that the person came onto the show to become a better baker but "never got his feet underneath him". The person was only on the show for two weeks. Of course he "never got his feet underneath him".

If it's about becoming a better baker then let everyone stay the entire show and compete against each other for the run of the series. There would be better character development and more story lines and it would be better for everyone.

Paul Hollywood has toned down his personality some now that he is not playing off Mary Berry. I do miss her.

And I love the football player host. He just loves to eat and does not worry about how much or how fattening things are. It's great to see someone just enjoy the food these folks make each week.

S_Wirth
        Participant

How very sad:

http://www.msn.com/en-us/foodanddrink/restaurantsandnews/great-american-baking-show-pulled-amid-johnny-iuzzini-allegations/ar-BBGKCp4?li=BBnb7Kz&ocid=DELLDHP

Sad for the participants who gave their time and great efforts and sacrifices to be on the show.

aaronatthedoublef
          Participant

This is very sad. There are many people involved in the production of something like this and to shut it down because of the bad actions of one host is terrible.

BakerAunt
            Participant

The remaining shows should have been aired. It is only fair to the other participants and to the viewers. I suspect that the advertisers were nervous that they would be boycotted.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.