Pizza Pockets for the Super Bowl?

Home Forums Baking — Savory Pizza Pockets for the Super Bowl?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    BakerAunt
    Participant

We will be traveling that day, but this "pizza pocket" recipe looks interesting, and perhaps I'll try it once I have a regular kitchen again after our reno is completed:

https://www.seriouseats.com/2019/01/how-to-make-trapizzino.html

Spread the word
      Mike Nolan
      Keymaster

In "American Pie", Peter Reinhart talks about pizza places in Italy that make a pizza that's about 3 meters long, they have to fold it (like an accordion, I guess) to get it in the oven. You order it by the centimeter.

We're probably not having anyone over for the Super Bowl this year, I don't know that I'll much cooking that day.

skeptic7
        Participant

This looks good. I especially like the triangular paper pockets as a method of keeping everything neat. I wonder how sturdy this is for sandwiches. Pita pockets look cute but tend to tear.

Mike Nolan
          Keymaster

Looks like you wind up with more bread than sauce/filling. I know some people think the bread/crust is the most important part of pizza, but I've always been more of a thin crust fan.

I do like the triangle holders, though.

navlys
            Participant

I made spicy orange shrimp as an appetizer to bring to friends' house. The recipe is on facebook by Kevin something. I omitted the cilantro as it is an acquired taste which I have acquired but I didn't know about any one else.

Mike Nolan
              Keymaster

Some people with Northern European ancestry have a gene that causes cilantro to taste like soap. My wife has that gene, I do not, but I'm not that fond of it in general.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.