Of Sourdough, Microbes, and Hands

Home Forums General Discussions Of Sourdough, Microbes, and Hands

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    BakerAunt
    Participant
      Mike Nolan
      Keymaster

Not all that surprising, tests on sourdough cultures have shown that after a few months the microbes in it will match the local atmosphere. So that 'San Francisco starter' you bought most likely only kept its San Francisco heritage for a few weeks.

BakerAunt
        Participant

I'm waiting for the best selling mystery novel where the scientist, who is an ace baker on the side, determines, using microbes, which baker committed the murder!

Mike Nolan
          Keymaster

I've never actually watched it, but there's a show on cable called "Murder, She Baked".

There are also the Lucy Burdette "Key West Food Critic" mysteries. (I haven't read any of them yet, but was a big fan of the Emma Lathen series 30 years ago, the protagonist being a Wall Street banker.)

I had a dream recently in which baking played a prominent role in a series of strange events, I'm not sure if there's enough for a book length story, but I added it to my ideas folder. (I'm currently doing some outlining and background research for a novel on a different subject.)

Joan Simpson
            Participant

Very interesting!

BakerAunt
              Participant

Of course, the murderer will try to obscure guilt by wearing special gloves for kneading, and perhaps sneaking into another bakery to make the sourdough starter there....

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.