News from Mrs Cindy

Home Forums Member News News from Mrs Cindy

Tagged: ,

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    cwcdesign
    Participant

Cindy asked me to update you all on how she is doing, so I think I'll do it in her own words (I edited lightly):

I'm doing as well as can be expected. I had the left hip debrided again last Monday and will see the charge nurse at the wound center to have the wound vac re-attached tomorrow morning. I also have surgery to remove a squamous cell carcinoma from my upper left arm tomorrow afternoon. Tomorrow promises to be a long day.

Helen, the home nurse was here today, Sunday. She has never, EVER, seen me cry when she works on my hip wounds. Well, today was a first. It was incredibly painful. It seems that I couldn't get in front of the pain. Very frustrating. Like I said, tomorrow is going to be tough.

BTW, I'm loving my new caregiver, I call her my assistant, I hate the word 'caregiver'. Her name is Rhonda. She does a wonderful job of helping me with everything. I failed the driving test, so her being able to drive me has been a real blessing. She just does a great job of taking care of me.

And this from tonight:

I'm home. It's been a long day but everything got done. Vac re-attached and carcinoma removed. No incidents with either one.

Spread the word
      • This topic was modified 7 years, 9 months ago by cwcdesign.
      skeptic7
      Participant

I am so glad to hear more news about Mrs. Cindy. I am sorry about the pain on her hip, and the cancerous cells on her arm.

buttercup
        Participant

So sorry to hear you are still suffering and having pain in your hip. I'm glad you like your new "assistant" that can make a difference I'm sure. I'll keep you in my prayers and hope for some relief for you. I'm sorry for your tears, but one can only take so much. Your are still my Hero. Thank you for the update cwcdesign.

omaria
          Participant

Cindy, my heart aches for all the misery you are going through ! You really are the bravest woman I know !It must be your up-beat personality that keeps you going. And of course the love and support of TS. I think of you every day.
            Carol, thank you for keeping us posted.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.