Nabisco Chocolate Wafer Cookies

Home Forums Baking — Desserts Nabisco Chocolate Wafer Cookies

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    aaronatthedoublef
    Participant

Has anyone seen Nabisco Chocolate Wafer cookies? They seem to have disappeared here! I've tried several local grocery stores, Amazon, Target, and Walmart online and I cannot find them.

I think I will make my own from a KAF recipe. I make a chocolate hazel nut tart for my wife at Thanksgiving and the crust is made from chocolate wafer cookies, hazel nuts, and butter.

Thanks

Spread the word
      Mike Nolan
      Keymaster

I looked in both of the supermarkets I usually shop in, but didn't see the Nabisco chocolate wafers in either one of them. In both cases, it seemed like at least half of the cookie section was variants on either Oreos or Chips Ahoy.

There are a couple of threads on other forums from people looking for these cookies as well, one place to check if there's one near you would be a Wegmans.

aaronatthedoublef
        Participant

Thanks Mike.

There is no Wegmans near us. I can look when I head up to Boston in a couple weeks or, ask our friends who live in Syracuse to check. Two stores here both said they had them online and neither had them online or in-store.

Like you found, Mike, it is almost all Oreos and Chips Ahoy. Various Newtons were in third place. I read somewhere that Nabisco is trying to sell itself so they are trimming their lines.

I used Oreos minus the filling. My kids were disappointed I had not saved the filling for them. It was a reasonable substitute but I am not certain it was any easier than making my own. Here is a link to one of the KAF wafer cookie recipes.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.