Mummy Hand Pies

Home Forums Baking — Desserts Mummy Hand Pies

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    BakerAunt
    Participant

If anyone is looking for a new Halloween idea, see the KAF blog on mummy hand pies:

Spread the word
      Mike Nolan
      Keymaster

I think I like the Spider Bundt Cake better.

RiversideLen
        Participant

I agree with Mike, those spider bundt cakes look great.

BakerAunt
          Participant

It's good to see you posting again, Riverside Len.

The spider Bundt cakes certainly look a lot easier than the mummy hand pies! It would also be neat to make smaller ones using Bundtlette pans.

I plan to bake sugar cookies and use some of the Halloween cookie cutters from my vast collection, not to mention some of the rather large store of colored sugar I've accumulated.

• This reply was modified 6 years, 5 months ago by BakerAunt.
            Mike Nolan
            Keymaster

Ooh, I've got a six mini-bundt pan, that might be worth trying. My wife has been asking for some banana nut muffins, maybe banana bread spiders with a cream cheese frosting?

Mike Nolan
              Keymaster

Here's one of the 6 banana nut bread spiders I made using a mini-bundt pan,
                Banana Nut Bread Spider

RiversideLen
                Participant

That looks great, Mike. I haven't made banana bread in years but I'm getting a taste for it. Is your recipe posted here?

BakerAunt
                  Participant

Riverside Len: KAF has a good wholegrain banana bread recipe (chocolate chips optional). I've also made it as muffins.

https://www.kingarthurflour.com/recipes/whole-grain-banana-bread-recipe.

I also have a standard banana bread that I've been making since I was a teenager, that is butter based. I usually substitute in 1/2 cup whole wheat pastry flour. I'll post it, if you would like.

Mike Nolan
                    Keymaster

I just posted my banana nut bread/muffin recipe, which is pretty similar to many other recipes, except that I almost always add raisins and often add cinnamon.

RiversideLen
                      Participant

BakerAunt and Mike, thanks for the recipes. One of the issues I have had with banana bread recipes is many of them call for so many bananas without stating how much it should be in volume. I like the idea of adding in raisins and making it in a bundt pan. I have a couple of USA mini cake pans, they have six wells per pan, I'm thinking about making it in those but I haven't decided for sure. That would give maximum amount of top crust, more top crust means more flavor (like the muffin tops).

I'm thinking I'm going to try the KAF recipe first and see how I like that.

Mike Nolan
                        Keymaster

We tend to buy the smaller sizes of bananas, but usually I make banana bread when we have anywhere from 2 to 4 bananas that got too ripe for eating, so I don't always have the same amount of banana in each batch, and the amount of banana I use doesn't seem to affect the texture much.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
                        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.