Merry Christmas to All

Home Forums Member News Merry Christmas to All

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Mike Nolan
    Keymaster

Greetings and Merry Christmas from Orlando Florida, where we are celebrating Christmas with both of our sons, daughter-in-law and granddaughter. It's supposed to be a lovely 75 today, compared to an expected high in the 20's in Lincoln. (We'll be back there all too soon.)

We've spent the last several days at the theme parks, but we're staying away from them on Christmas. Instead, we're going to Star Wars, although the women are getting massages instead.

Spread the word
      cwcdesign
      Participant

Merry Christmas!?

It’s in the low 50’s here which we like, but the visitors probably don’t. At least the sun is shining. Will and I both have the day off which is rare at the resort, but our department is closed on Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Years.
        My mom is coming here around noon, so we will have a quiet day

BakerAunt
        Participant

Merry Christmas! Here on the lake in northern Indiana, we have a white Christmas, due to four inches of snow that began at 8:40 a.m. yesterday and continued into the evening. My husband, who does the shoveling has decided that a paved rather than a gravel driveway, albeit a short one, is in order. It is in the 20s this afternoon, although the sun is shining brightly. This morning icy slush floated on the lake near shore, but the wind has broken it up--no frozen lake yet. Our local Santa portrayer went by in a canoe with one of his dogs. (When the lake is frozen, he ice skates; other years, he paddleboards.) We are having a quiet holiday with just the two of us and the dog. The three kids called in from California, after we failed to figure out how to set up skype with them. We will try to figure it out by New Year's Day.

Joan Simpson
          Participant

Merry Christmas from South Ga. We've been in the 50's here today nice and breezy.Enjoying our son and just relaxing all day.Made a good Christmas dinner and had family drop in off and on everyday.

S_Wirth
            Participant

As the day is winding down, I still have time to say Merry Christmas to all here who celebrate. We have been very cold lately, 20's today and teens at night but after tonight we'll see single digits at night and barely 20 for daytime temps. We had maybe an inch of snow yesterday.

Florida has a wide variety of temps today. I watch two bald eagle nest cams there. Jacksonville had 50s and North Fort Meyers had 78 at least. The nest in Jacksonville has two baby eaglets and that is chilly for the little ones. They are 14 and 16 days old and don't yet have their thermal down to keep them warm. They snuggle near mom at night to stay warmer.

RiversideLen
              Participant

Merry Christmas to all!

skeptic7
                Participant

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to you all?

Any New Year's resolutions? I am going to try to cook more vegetables and try new bread recipes instead of sticking to variations of my old recipes.

RiversideLen
                  Participant

Skeptic, I tried a new bread recipe earlier this year and that's the one I've been baking all year! lol

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.