Happy Birthday Mrs Cindy

Home Forums Member News Happy Birthday Mrs Cindy

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    cwcdesign
    Participant

I just wanted to remind everyone that it is Mrs Cindy's birthday today. I don't know if she'll check in but if you have her email, you might want to drop her a note. It's on swirth's list.

If you check in Cindy, a very Happy Birthday to you!!!!

Spread the word
      BakerAunt
      Participant

Happy, happy birthday, Cindy. We think of you often, and you inspire our cooking and especially our baking.

Joan Simpson
        Participant

Happy Birthday Cindy wishing you all the best!

Mike Nolan
          Keymaster

I think she checks in as her health and time permits. Hopefully today she's too busy enjoying her birthday to check here.

Happy Birthday anyway, Cindy!

I haven't seen Sarah Wirth online lately, either, but I think she was dealing with computer issues. I thought about Sarah recently as I was driving back from Indianapolis, but that's a bit more of a detour than I had time for.

• This reply was modified 7 years, 8 months ago by Mike Nolan.
            • This reply was modified 7 years, 8 months ago by Mike Nolan.
            S_Wirth
            Participant

Wondering if anyone has any news on Cindy. I sent her an e-card. She opened it the next day but didn't reply so I thought maybe she was not doing well. I hate to bug her with emails so have not written to her for a few weeks.

Mike...I have not had many computer problems, just a couple of bad security updates. July 15 for three days and August 16 and 17...after a big update they fixed the goof-up. I have a W7 computer that will not do Windows updates. I have read many have this issue and have seen fixes but they are time consuming so have not done anything. The last updates were May 26 so I'm afraid to use it.

Indianapolis is a good three hour drive from us. There is a Trader Joe's there but I'll never get there most likely.

Mike Nolan
              Keymaster

Two of my computers got auto-upgraded to Win 10, I wish they were still running Win 7. (One of them seems to have stopped running completely now, so I've got a new W10 laptop from Dell I'm still breaking in.)

We've got a Trader Joes about 8 blocks from here, I doubt I go there more than 2-3 times a year. Costco just announced plans to open their first Lincoln location about a mile from us (with some neighborhood opposition), that'd make it a lot closer than the nearest Sams.

• This reply was modified 7 years, 7 months ago by Mike Nolan.
                S_Wirth
                Participant

For many long weeks, I fought the W10 installation. I had to piddle with it every day as they got it downloaded with TWO versions...one had 2800 some files or whatever it is and one had 2600 some...how lucky I was with that. I figured out how to stall it and after July 29, the last day it was free, when I started my computer they were gone. A scan had a whole lot less files. Windows Update now says it is reserved and I hope it stays that way. They had been listed as ready to install thru 7/29.

Sam's is 150 mi. round trip from us and I think maybe Costco is in Indianapolis.

I order enough stuff from jet.com to keep us running. My son lives in Des Peres, MO and they have a Trader Joe's but I don't get there very often. That city is not very big at all so I was surprised and another suburb not far away from there has one and it is a small population, too.

cwcdesign
                  Participant

I sent Cindy an e-card because I couldn't get some flowers sent in time. Got a quick reply (bluemountain makes it easy to do that). Her caregivers took her to her favorite Vietnamese restaurant for lunch and she was very happy. When the flowers arrived 2 days late, I got a text with a picture of them. Turns out she'd had a bad day in between. The flowers lasted almost a week, so I heard from her most recently 2 days ago. Hope that helps

S_Wirth
                    Participant

Happy Cindy enjoyed her 67th birthday. When things calm down here maybe in a week or so I'll send her a nice email.

buttercup
                      Participant

Happy Birthday Cindy, wishing you all the best.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.