Garlic in Chocolate Cake?!

Home Forums General Discussions Garlic in Chocolate Cake?!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    BakerAunt
    Participant

I saw this article on using garlic, and the writer has used it in chocolate cake.

https://thetakeout.com/recipe-most-unexpected-way-to-use-garlic-in-a-dish-1832528068

Hiding garlic in unexpected places is not good for those allergic to it.

Spread the word
      chocomouse
      Participant

Not in my chocolate cake! Espresso - yes, garlic - no. Although if someone offered me a piece of chocolate cake with garlic in it, I would try it. And maybe it would be fine. Especially if the chocolate ganache was slathered thick enough!

Mike Nolan
        Keymaster

I've seen garlic used in desserts, mostly on shows like Chopped. Black garlic might work, I suppose, it has a strange sweetness to it, not that I'd dare try it at home.

RiversideLen
          Participant

I'm not opposed to trying new things, but garlic in cake isn't something that sounds good to me. There are enough food items that go good with garlic.

Mike Nolan
            Keymaster

Garlic is used way too much, many restaurants use it as their dominant flavoring.

Interestingly enough, when we were in Northern Italy in 2006 (Turin), we found very few restaurants used garlic in their cooking, even the pizza was garlic-free. Southern Italian cooking is more prone to use garlic, but even there I'm told it isn't as omnipresent as it is in 'Americanized Italian' cooking.

Joan Simpson
              Participant

I like garlic but don't think chocolate cake and garlic...just no.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.