Fun for a Monday

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    aaronatthedoublef
    Participant

This link points you to the most popular fast food the year you were born.

I am the Filet O'Fish…

Spread the word
      RiversideLen
      Participant

I'm the Burger King Hamburger.

chocomouse
        Participant

My year of birth isn't shown!

BakerAunt
          Participant

Neither is mine, Chocomouse. I guess that food was slow the years we were born!

chocomouse
            Participant

Some foods, along with other things, were rationed in those days! We didn't have any "fast food" places then either, and when some did open, my family couldn't afford to eat there. We went once a year to a decent (good food, reasonable portions, reasonable prices) seafood restaurant, and once each summer to a seasonal soft-serve ice cream place. I simply cannot imagine eating most of your meals at a fast food joint, as many families do these days. However, I do note the trend is now toward more home-cooked meals.

BakerAunt
              Participant

In my case, it just skipped my year, so I assume that there were no fast food developments in it.

I come from a large family, so we only went to McDonalds as a special, occasional treat. However, my family did develop a pizza habit by the time I was a teenager, so that was the fast food that we would do on Christmas Eve (so we could get to church on time) and often on Halloween. It was actually cheaper than buying frozen pizza, since we always added mushrooms and olives anyway. When I was in high school, one pizza parlor gave out discounts if people showed their "I have voted" stub, but at some point that was stopped because someone thought it encouraged people to vote for the wrong reason.

Joan Simpson
                Participant

Mine was Dunkin' Doughnut.

cwcdesign
                  Participant

I’m between years too

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.