Easier Chicken Fingers

Home Forums Cooking — (other than baking) Easier Chicken Fingers

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    aaronatthedoublef
    Participant

Hi. I would rather make my own chicken fingers than buy the frozen ones. When I do make them I dredge them in flour, then egg, then bread crumbs. Do any of you smart folks have a quicker, less messy, fewer step method?

Thanks

Spread the word
      KIDPIZZA
      Participant

Hi. I would rather make my own chicken fingers than buy the frozen ones. When I do make them I dredge them in flour, then egg, then bread crumbs. Do any of you smart folks have a quicker, less messy, fewer step method?

Thanks

GOOD MORNING AARON:
        I love chicken fingers. I am ordering them tonite for my dinner with sweet taters & cold red beets.

Aaron, consider this recipe just once... then report back & let everyone know of what you think. Also consider either bread crumbs, (seasoned ITALIAN bread crumbs OR Japanese PANKO crumbs)...both can be bought at the .99 store.

By hand apply a dollop or two of MAYO to the chicken articles. Then into the crumbs that should be mixed in & blended with a fair amount of AP flour. Then into the egg wash ,then into the oil for frying.

I hope It improves your chicken meal.

Enjoy the day.

~KIDPIZZA.

Mike Nolan
        Keymaster

I've been told that soaking them in buttermilk overnight makes it easier and less messy to bread them, but since I don't own a deep fryer and almost never fry anything, I can't confirm that myself.

cwcdesign
          Participant

Well, first of all Aaron, when I saw your post - I thought it said Easter chicken fingers ?

When I make Baked Buffalo chicken fingers, o toss the chicken in Buffalo sauce, then coat them with whatever kind of bread crumbs I want to use, lay them pn parchment paper and put on a 400 oven for ten minutes, flip them over for another 10. Sometimes the crumbs come off a little. You could also soak them in melted butter, buttermilk, soy sauce or whatever. I usually cut chicken breasts into strips or use tenders

BakerAunt
            Participant

While I haven't done chicken fingers, I have done chicken thighs in the oven. I used to skin them, rubbed them all over with mayonnaise, then rolled them in Panko. I put them on a parchment-lined sheet pan and baked. I've also added grated parmesan to the panko.

Mike Nolan
              Keymaster

Grated parm in with panko sounds yummy.

navlys
                Participant

I used to soak my boneless chicken breasts in buttermilk (powdered) and a little garlic powder for several hours or overnight. The buttermilk did something strange to the texture of the chicken. Then I decided 1 or 2 hrs was plenty.

aaronatthedoublef
                  Participant

Thanks everyone. Lots of ideas to try. I don't deep fry them but typically pan fry or bake them. I was also taught that chilling them for a hour or so before frying helps the bread crumbs adhere. I usually use whatever bread crumbs we have in the pantry which is mostly panko.

But from everyone here, it seems like I might be able to skip the first step of flouring and dredging which will make life much easier.

Buttermilk, and mayo seem to be the two liquids of choice.

Thanks again

KIDPIZZA
                    Participant

I’ve been told that soaking them in buttermilk overnight makes it easier and less messy to bread them, but since I don’t own a deep fryer and almost never fry anything, I can’t confirm that myself.

Good afternoon Mike, Your right on about employing the soaking method for chicken parts for a few hours or so in BUTTERMILK. I just didn't want to add so much all at once, I thought I would work that technique in after our good friend AARON determined what he liked best.

But & However, I might as well drop my other secret technique here. I employ for adding cubed chicken to chicken soup or even pot pies as well just simply employ a
                      "POUCHING" preparation warm the chicken flavored water with a little acidic ingredient like a slice of cut up tomato slice... this is a Italian trick.

Then cube the chicken with kitchen shears to size.

I hope all my ideas from my culinary imagination helps you all to put on the best table for your self's & your families.

Enjoy the day

~KIDIZZA.

aaronatthedoublef
                      Participant

Cass, Thanks. I always appreciate hearing from you.

Joan Simpson
                        Participant

I like to soak my chicken strips which I've cut from boneless breasts in buttermilk for a couple hours also.I just use seasoned flour to coat chicken and fry in pan with like a inch of oil.I also like to add a dash of hot sauce and salt and pepper to buttermilk soak.

cwcdesign
                          Participant

Having just gotten off work when I replied (and cuz I haven’t made tenders in a while) BakerAunt reminded me that I would sometimes mix the Buffalo sauce with mayo. I second mixing Parmesan in with the breadcrumbs

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.