Cinnamon Roll Pancakes

Home Forums Threads Saved from the KAF Baking Circle Cinnamon Roll Pancakes

Tagged: 

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    cwcdesign
    Participant

Cinnamon roll pancakes posted by: frick on October 27, 2013 at 8:22 pm

What delectable deliciousness. Don't want to know the calorie content.

If you haven't had one, dig up your favorite pancake recipe & I'll write more tomorrow. It's not exactly a weeknight meal . . . but come Sunday, watch out!

reply by: 4paws2go on November 02, 2013 at 12:14 pm
      Well, *I* can't find the two cookie recipes I've made. One was similar to the Cardamom Snaps, and those were delicious. Here's one for a biscotti which sounds heavenly. I've not tried this one yet.

http://boisdejasmin.com/2012/09/dreaming-florence-hazelnut-orange-and-ca...

Laura :0))

reply by: Livingwell on November 02, 2013 at 9:55 am
      I just sent a message to the tech team asking them to remove my recipe from their recipe page. I can't believe I did that!!!

reply by: Livingwell on November 02, 2013 at 9:40 am
      OH NO!!! I copied this to the comments section of the King Arthur recipe 4paws posted, when I meant to post it here! How do I delete it??

This is what I wanted to post here:

Years ago I copied a Cardamom Snaps cookie recipe out of a magazine at the bookstore. I don't remember now which magazine, but here is the recipe for all you cardamom lovers. I'm still learning how to incorporate it into my tried and true recipes, but, so far, have only made rice pudding with it. This recipe is almost identical to my tried and true gingersnap recipe, so I know we'll like it. The only differences are, this one doesn't contain ginger (obviously), and my recipe calls for 2 tsps. baking soda and includes 1/4 tsp. salt.

CARDAMON SNAPS
      2-1/4 C. all-purpose flour
      1 tsp. baking soda

2 tsps. ground cardamom

1 tsp. cinnamon

3/4 C. shortening

1 C. packed brown sugar

1 egg

1/4 C. mild molasses

Granulated sugar

Heat oven to 350 degrees. In a large bowl, combine flour, baking soda, cardamom, and cinnamon; set aside. In another large bowl, cream together shortening and brown sugar. Add egg and molasses and mix well. Stir in flour mixture. Shape dough by rounded teaspoon into balls. Dip tops of balls in granulated sugar and place sugared side up on greased or parchment lined baking sheet. Bake 9-10 mins. or until just set. Cool a few mins. on baking sheet. Remove to wire rack and cool completely.

reply by: 4paws2go on November 02, 2013 at 9:07 am
      This is for DL...Cardamom lovers unite! This is from my old BC recipes. Still hunting up a couple of cookie (cardamom flavored) recipes.

http://community.kingarthurflour.com/node/4118

Laura ;0)

reply by: Livingwell on October 29, 2013 at 3:54 pm
      Thank you 4paws and KidPizza for the translation! Every once in a while I think I should invest in a food scale, but then think naaaa, I'll just measure it out. So far so good with consistent results. Have a good rest of the day! "Penelope"

reply by: KIDPIZZA on October 29, 2013 at 1:15 pm
      LIVINGWELL:
Good morning my dear Penelope.

TAKE NOTE:
      BUTTER 1,stck

SUGAR 1 3/4 cups less 1, tsp.
      FLOUR 3,1/2 cups.

1,TBLS OF powder is the same as 3, tsp full.
      Now you are all set Penelope.
Enjoy the rest of the day friend. ~KIDPIZZA.

reply by: dachshundlady on October 29, 2013 at 12:56 pm
      I want to keep this thread as I love cardamom.

reply by: 4paws2go on October 29, 2013 at 12:40 pm
      Ack! I meant to type 'ABOUT' 4 cups of flour! Scant cups, I suppose, would be the best way to put it. Tired!
Laura ;0)

reply by: 4paws2go on October 29, 2013 at 12:12 pm
      I'll try! If you use KAF's method of measuring flour, it weighs 4.25oz per cup, so 4 cups flour. The butter is 1 stick of butter, of course. Sugar weighs (according to KA's weights chart) 7oz per cup, 2/3 cup weighs 4.75oz...I just weighed out the sugar, to be certain. 1 and 2/3 cups+1 scant TBS = 12 oz.

Hope that helps ya! I'd be hinting around, for a scale, for the holidays!
      Laura ;0))

reply by: Livingwell on October 29, 2013 at 11:37 am
      Thank you, 4 paws! My kitchen is so cold during the winter months that I can leave the container of half and half out all night and it's still cool in the morning! Baking does, indeed, help to heat the kitchen.

The cake sounds yummy, but I have no idea how to translate the measurements. I use measuring cups and measuring spoons instead of weighing ingredients. Do you know the ingredient amounts using them? Thanks again!

reply by: 4paws2go on October 29, 2013 at 11:30 am
      Livingwell, here is one of my most favorite cakes, made with cardamom...the recipe is from a former 'old' BC member, 'ecc', who posted it in 2002. I've also got some cookies, and another cardamom cake posted, under my old screen name, 'bettina', so I'll hunt those up too. Another favorite use is in the Finnish coffee bread, Pulla. Cardamom....MMMMMMMMMM! The texture of this cake is not at like like an American style cake, very rich, and melts in your mouth, great with tea or coffee. I loved the fact that it calls for melted butter...my kitchen was always so darn cold in the winter, and I could whip this one up in no time!
      Laura :0))

INSTRUCTIONS

I found this recipe a couple years ago in an old "World Cookery" book (under Sweden) and have been making it regularly. I love cardamom and this cake is all about the cardamom.

4 oz butter

12 oz sugar

1 tablespoon ground cardamom
      1 1/4 cup light cream

1 lb flour

1 tablespoon baking powder

Melt the butter and pour it over the sugar. Add the cardamoms and pour in the cream. Sift together the flour and baking powder and fold that into the mixture. Pour into 8" round cake pan which has been buttered and floured. Bake at 350 for around an hour. Turn onto a rack and dredge "thickly" with castor sugar.
      enjoy! (ecc)

reply by: KitchenBarbarian aka Zen on October 29, 2013 at 10:59 am
      Cardamom (ground) is great in cookies and cakes. A little bit goes a long way though. I've been dabbling with the idea of a cardamom flavored frosting as well.

reply by: Livingwell on October 29, 2013 at 8:51 am
      Quick breads or "regular" breads??

reply by: kaf-sub-rius on October 29, 2013 at 8:48 am
      I mix cardamom into bread doughs all the time. It's excellent!

reply by: Livingwell on October 29, 2013 at 8:21 am
      Zen, I just recently bought some cardamom at himself's request, but haven't used it in baking yet. So far, all I've used it in is tea for himself (he loves Assam tea with cardamom in it) and rice pudding. Honestly, I'm not really sure what to use it for!

reply by: KitchenBarbarian aka Zen on October 28, 2013 at 3:13 pm
      Share the recipe? I've been wanting to try cardamom flavored pancakes - lately I feel like cinnamon beats up my taste buds ... it's just used for EVERYTHING it seems. I wish I hadn't lost all my recipes - I had so many that used different spices for pie fillings and quickbreads than just Cinnamon the Almighty ...

reply by: Livingwell on October 27, 2013 at 10:13 pm
      We have buttermilk pancakes for dinner most Sundays (like tonight); sometimes waffles or French toast. Cinnamon is our favorite spice, so I will be interested in your cinnamon roll pancake recipe. Sometimes I put cinnamon in the pancake batter, but I bet your recipe is more cosmopolitan than that!

Spread the word
      • This topic was modified 7 years, 3 months ago by cwcdesign.
    Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.