Chefs Catalog

Home Forums General Discussions Chefs Catalog

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    RiversideLen
    Participant

I don't know if there are any fans of Chefs Catalog here. That used to be one of my favorite online places to shop and browse for my cooking and baking equipment. A few years ago they were bought by Target and shut down. Well, it looks like someone has bought it from Target and reopened it. I received a catalog from them yesterday and went online and sure enough, they are back.

Spread the word
      Rascals1
      Participant

It was my go to shop place also, good to hear they are back open. When they closed something gave me the idea they were going to reopen can't remember what it was though. Maybe I'll get a catalog soon, hope so.

BakerAunt
        Participant

I shopped Chefs back when they were out of the Midwest (Illinois?). Then Nieman-Marcus got a hold of them, and I had to pay sales tax in Texas. They also stopped carrying some of the really useful stuff, such as wide saran. (Not everyone has access to Sam's, Cosco, or a local restaurant store.) I do not recall if there was an additional owner before Target bought them to cannibalize for their customer data base and recipes. Much of the Cook's unsold inventory has ended up at Tuesday Morning on "close-out."

I'll have to look online. They were my favorite place to kitchen shop.

OK: Here's the scoop: https://www.chefscatalog.com/about-us/

• This reply was modified 6 years, 5 months ago by BakerAunt.
          RiversideLen
          Participant

Here's something every kitchen needs!

Pancake printer

Mike Nolan
            Keymaster

Unfortunately not many catalog companies can make it on 'funky stuff', even Williams Sonoma moved away from the interesting hard-to-find stuff to having pages and pages of spices and sauces and expensive pans.

I remember when Brookstone had all sorts of tools you couldn't find anywhere else, instead of junk.

Mike Nolan
              Keymaster

I just spent 15-20 minutes browsing the new Chefs Catalog site. I didn't see much that I haven't seen on other sites.

Two items that I was interested in more details didn't have them.

One was a 'high capacity' kitchen scale, but it didn't say what the capacity was.

The other was an 'extra large sheet pan with cooling rack', but no dimensions of the pan. It appears someone else asked a question a week ago about the dimensions but it has not been answered yet.

So my initial impressions are not all that favorable. If anyone orders from them, let us know how their fulfillment is.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.