Café de Paris at Indian Rocks Beach, Florida

Home Forums Restaurants and Books, news and reviews Café de Paris at Indian Rocks Beach, Florida

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    BakerAunt
    Participant

We are staying right across the road from the French café I noticed last year but did not get over to visit, as we stayed further away. That is too bad, since this year, when I'm right there, I'm following a low-saturated fat eating plan. Sigh. Here is a link to their page:

https://cafedeparisbakery.com/

Their emphasis is on the pastries, as well as on breakfast and lunch items, rather than on bread, but they do have some for sale. I tried their garlic bread, which is a long loaf white bread with garlic inside and out. It was light with a harder crust and would be excellent with soup or salad. They only have one whole grain bread, which is 10-grain bread. It is also a long loaf, although smaller in diameter. I'm not sure what the grains are, but oats, a bit of coarse corn meal, and buckwheat are three that I identified. It also has the harder, chewy crust and the light interior. The bread is not put out until after 9:30, because it is baked after all the pastries.

I split one of their cinnamon rolls with my husband. It's not the American kind of cinnamon roll, which is fine with me. It is not overly sweet, and uses the same kind of dough as the bread. It had great cinnamon flavor in thin layers throughout the roll. A bit of light icing was drizzled on top. I am tempted to buy another.

I looked longingly at the pastries, but so far, I've been good. I'll let you know if I slip up.

Spread the word
      • This topic was modified 5 years, 2 months ago by BakerAunt.
      • This topic was modified 5 years, 2 months ago by BakerAunt.
      chocomouse
      Participant

I think you have earned the right to stray from your strict low-fat diet, just a bit. Maybe one treat today, and one more the day before you leave? And, I would guess the cinnamon roll might be lower fat than some other choices, say, a croissant?

Joan Simpson
        Participant

BakerAunt enjoy yourself,that looks amazing!

BakerAunt
          Participant

Before we left Indian Rocks Beach on Saturday morning, I made my husband wait until the bakery put out its bread at 9:30. I bought another loaf of the 10-grain bread, which we ate at a couple of meals on the way home. I also bought two of the dinner rolls to try. These rolls have that wonderful crusty outside and that soft, light interior.

navlys
            Participant

I'll definitely have to go there as we are close by.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.