Bracing for Gordon…

Home Forums General Discussions Bracing for Gordon…

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    BevM
    Participant

We, here in Mobile, are busy picking up loose items in the yard, hoping there won't be too much damage from the wind. It is also a hope that we don't get the amount of water that's predicted. We have been lucky the past few years, but I think this will be a reminder of what can happen.
      Loosing power will be a nightmare at this time of year!!!

Spread the word
      chocomouse
      Participant

And if you do lose power, is it likely to be for quite a while, not just a couple of hours? No cooling, no sump pumps - not good! Let us know how you are doing when you are able.

Joan Simpson
        Participant

Bev sure hope y'all don't get much damage,the weather channel sure is showing lot's of rain.We've had so much rain this summer.Praying you don't lose power!

BakerAunt
          Participant

Bev--Hoping for the best, while you prepare for the storm. Stay safe.

BevM
            Participant

Just an update to say we fared well through the storm. Not as much rain as predicted and no power outage in my area. We are located about 10 miles from the Missippi border, so I expect this area was as close to the eye as possible without being directly in it. I expect Joan was affected more than I was. Thanks for the well wishes. Now out for the clean up!

Mike Nolan
              Keymaster

We've had rain here every day since last Friday, upwards of 8 inches so far. It's still misting today, and rain is forecast through the coming weekend as the remnants of Gordon is expected to move into eastern Nebraska.

The Akron@Nebraska football game was called off because of thunderstorms last Saturday night, a first for Nebraska football.

It takes a really heavy rain to dissuade the hummingbirds, though. We must have at least 30 of them visiting our feeders.

Joan Simpson
                Participant

We got some rain but we've had a wet summer,not complaining though,nothing from the storm.Thankful for you Bev!

RiversideLen
                  Participant

Glad you're safe, BevM.

skeptic7
                    Participant

Glad to her that Gordon didn't cause you any flooding or power outages.

BevM
                      Participant

Thanks everyone for your well wishes. We do indeed feel very lucky. Fingers crossed for the remainder of the season.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.