Aldi’s Impressed Me

Home Forums General Discussions Aldi’s Impressed Me

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    BakerAunt
    Participant

Last week the remodeled Aldi's opened, right across the intersection from the Walmart at which we shop in the larger town northeast of us. My husband sighed, when I told him that I wanted to stop there on our "hit all the stores (Walmart, Walgreens, and Kroger) while we are in town trip. He initially sat in the car while I went in. After looking around, I went back, deposited my quarter, and got a basket.

I was impressed. They had the best prices on peanuts and cashews that I've seen out here, and if the taste is good, they will be a good bargain. I was also able to find a good price on fresh lemons and broccoli, sweet potatoes were 39 cents a pound, and butter was $2.89. After I'd been in a while, investigating, my husband came in to hurry me along. I placated him with an Austrian dark chocolate (49%) bar that I'd bought. We had some for lunch, and we agreed that it is wonderful--and I'm not usually a dark chocolate fan. The chocolate has convinced him that Aldi's should be one of our regular stops on our grocery runs.

Spread the word
    Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.