Ah, the Glamorous (?) World of the Recipe Developer

Home Forums General Discussions Ah, the Glamorous (?) World of the Recipe Developer

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    BakerAunt
    Participant

I enjoyed this interview with a recipe developer and cookbook author:

https://www.marketplace.org/2018/04/03/life/what-its-be-cookbook-writer?utm_campaign=Marketplace+Midday_20180404&utm_medium=email&utm_source=sfmc_Newsletter&utm_content=That%20escalated%20quickly

If I can get to a bookstore one of these days, I'd like to look through her cookbook in order to decide if I want to buy it.

Spread the word
      • This topic was modified 6 years ago by BakerAunt. Reason: fixed spelling error in title
      chocomouse
      Participant

Very interesting about cooking the souffles twice! I need to try that.

Mike Nolan
        Keymaster

Back when I was testing some recipes for Peter Reinhart, I was making baguettes 2-3 times a day for a couple of weeks. My family got tired of them.

BakerAunt
          Participant

I'm currently down to a single taster, other than me, who would take a dim view of too much repetition of a single baked good--although it took some nudges to get him away from Grape Nuts bread all the time. I did try out some new cookies at Christmas, and the recipes were good enough to mail to my twin nieces and their parents.

KAF's Spring 2018 issue of Sift came out the last week of March, and this time I ordered it immediately, since last time (Holiday 2017) they ran out, I had to have my sister in California hunt it down for me, so I had to pay full price and shipping. After all that, I was not that impressed with the holiday issue, although for people baking vegan, it had some great desserts. The spring issue looks much more promising with some great looking strawberry recipes (strawberry sweet rolls!), as well as a selection of breakfast recipes from Deb Perelman of Smitten Kitchen. I have one of her cookbooks and may buy her new one. I also like to read her blog and try some of the recipes there.

I noted that the current issue of Bake from Scratch also has a lot of strawberry recipes, but their recipe often ask for ingredients that have to be specially purchased.

• This reply was modified 6 years ago by BakerAunt.
            • This reply was modified 6 years ago by BakerAunt.
            BakerAunt
            Participant

While this story is not about a recipe developer, it does have a lot to say about how we learn from kitchen mistakes and become better cooks. I'd also say we become better bakers.

https://www.bonappetit.com/story/three-dishes-im-glad-i-ruined?mbid=nl_beggsnl20180406am_recipeoftheday&spMailingID=19595619&spUserID=MTUxNzk4ODA4MTg3S0&spJobID=1203534431&spReportId=MTIwMzUzNDQzMQS2

cwcdesign
              Participant

BA, I enjoyed the articles - thanks for posting.

• This reply was modified 6 years ago by cwcdesign.
              Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.